What's new

I found an Amazon source for Dapper Dan aftershave in Germany

And they're willing to ship it for just under $10. I thought they couldn't send AS by air? But the again you can get Old Spice from India. How is Dapper Dan green? Worth $30?

Scent of real men in the 1930s

A traditionally-made 1930s American-style aftershave. It is lush green, nourishes with glycerin, heals small shaving wounds with allantoin and cools with menthol. The scent is clear, fresh, masculine: a delicate, powdery sweetness gives way within a second to an ice-cold, razor-sharp menthol-mint freshness.

Would Skin Bracer be the reference point here?

Scent of real men in the 1930s

A traditionally-made 1930s American-style aftershave. It is lush green, nourishes with glycerin, heals small shaving wounds with allantoin and cools with menthol. The scent is clear, fresh, masculine: a delicate, powdery sweetness gives way within a second to an ice-cold, razor-sharp menthol-mint freshness.

Would Skin Bracer be the reference point here?
Sure sounds like it.

According to better noses that mine, Skin Bracer is basically a '30s style European barbershop fougère with extra moss and a splash of menthol. Lavender and coumarin form the requisite fern accord and are accompanied by musk (powdery soap), moss (powdery green), heliotrope (powdery vanilla floral), and of course a bit of menthol (minty). Once it's all mixed together, the more straightforward way to describe scent is simply: powdery soapy green with a hint of mint. — u/USS-SpongeBob

The circular, international aspects of these Dapper splashes are interesting. Seems they are manufactured by ALPA, a Czech company. The marketing posits these as "American-style" (and assigns them decades), but the markets are . . . EU and UK?

The blue one lists oakmoss as an ingredient! Wonder if they've approached vintage Aqua Velva with this scent.

The circular, international aspects of these Dapper splashes are interesting. Seems they are manufactured by ALPA, a Czech company. The marketing posits these as "American-style" (and assigns them decades), but the markets are . . . EU and UK?

The blue one lists oakmoss as an ingredient! Wonder if they've approached vintage Aqua Velva with this scent.
I bet it does.

I shot an email to Leandros at Pasteur's requesting DD. He responded by "Thank you." Sounds like he's looking into it.

You all do know this was started as a joke by the Cohen brothers, right? See the photo for the original “Dapper Dan”.
IMG_3927.jpeg

Top Bottom