What's new

Occam's SE-noch Razor

I’ve never seen it before, but that product page doesn’t give me good vibes. It looks very similar to the Yaqi Excalibur. The description states “We finally have the head, handle, weight, exposure, gap and all other aspects perfected and finalized our molds.“ but fails to actually list any of those measurements.

Listing it at $195 on sale for $60 doesn’t instill me with much confidence either, particularly for a razor that requires molds.

Occam's has made some very nice razors in the past. One of their razors was MiM stainless steel.

It looks nice. It would be better lf they gave more information, but this company does have a positive track record.

Looks nice but, I haven't seen Luke Webster affiliated in any way as of late and I don't even know if he's still running the business. I've purchased a few items from CS and have been satisfied with the products for the most part and have had great customer service from them. Mr. Webster was pretty decent with me whenever I interacted with him and I have no complaints whatsoever. This though leaves me a little on the lacking side of things. As was stated by a poster before me, information is extremely vague on the razor with little to no specs on it including alloy or make up of this razor. Hope it goes well for them but, I'm not on the supporting side of this. Perhaps a bit more details would have swayed me into taking a risk on it. As is, it's a solid no.

Like I said, it does look nice....

IMG_20240205_073909.jpg

IMG_20240205_073904.jpg

IMG_20240205_073915.jpg

IMG_20240205_073924.jpg

If it’s a re-badged Romulus, it’s a cuter handle and lower price.

If it’s a re-badged Excalibur, it’s still a nicer looking handle.
Yeah the handle is definitely better looking than either of those, but if it is a rebadged Yaqi it’s the Excalibur. I hope their mention of molds was referring to a stainless MIM process, but the lack of detail in the listing doesn’t give me a lot of hope.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I also emailed them for additional information. We should know more as time goes by, perhaps.

Edit: I just checked my email and I did get a response.

I quote: “The Head is made of Zinc and Alloy and Brass. The handle is made of stainless steel.”

The capital letters are theirs. The note came from Bethany.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^
This matches my response from Bethany.

So a zamak head on a nice handle from a responsive vendor. Then the question becomes"How much is the seller worth to you?"

Top Bottom