What's new

Not sure what I have...

My grandfather recently passed away and I was able to get all his shave gear. I typically use a de razor however I want to get into using a straight razor. On the flip side of that coin I know very little about actually doing it and am just starting to learn. Among his things I found this, can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it any good? Worth restoring?
20180819_080331.jpg

dubl duck razors tend to be very good. Looks to be in pretty good condition. I would send it to a honemeister, get a strop, and take it for a spin.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

As @bberg100 said, moderately sought after razor, looks to already be in great condition, have her honed up by a trustworthy meister, find yourself a strop, and have at it!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
That's quite a nice DD you got there. Get it honed and you will have a fine shaver, and every time you shave you will be connecting across the generations. Maybe some day if you take good care of it, one of your own grandsons will shave with it. A fine heirloom and a practical tool as well.

Thank you. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get it honed? I have heard a few bad stories about it so would like someone with a good reputation instead of someone that would save a couple bucks.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thank you. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get it honed? I have heard a few bad stories about it so would like someone with a good reputation instead of someone that would save a couple bucks.
If you still need it honed PM me and I’ll do it for you. I expect it will hone up fine easily. No charge. Nice razor needs to be used. :001_tt1:

If you still need it honed PM me and I’ll do it for you. I expect it will hone up fine easily. No charge. Nice razor needs to be used. :001_tt1:
Thanks but it got sent off to "the perfect edge" hoping to continue on by myself after this but have a lot to learn so I figured this would get it usable at least

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks but it got sent off to "the perfect edge" hoping to continue on by myself after this but have a lot to learn so I figured this would get it usable at least
Just used “The Method” (lapping film) and you will be able to maintain your razor in no time.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm retired and honing for newbies gives me an excuse to play with a razor since I can only shave once a day. And, thanks.
Well, it was true, what I said. But the fact that you are on B&B pretty much settles that you are a true gent, sir.

Top Bottom