What's new

Nifty Sharpie conversion

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I got sick of the celluloid Vacumatic barrels, so slippery and skinny. I love the feel of my Sharpies.

Plus, it's permanent ink!

proxy.php

Looks durable. Real durable. Might be a good fit for a work pen. Hmmm...

New to the idea of pens, is there a how-to for something like this?

Look at all these unique and interesting posts on this First of April! :lol:

:thumbup1:

Good job.

I usually sniff these things out, but I really do want a real durable pen for work and I'm new enough to pens that it looked doable.

Upon further inspection, the next lowest post count to mine is in the 1,400's. Should've been a dead give away.

I'll unsubscribe shortly, since there won't be a how-to forthcoming.

:a29:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
:thumbup1:

I really do want a real durable pen for work and I'm new enough to pens that it looked doable.

I'll unsubscribe shortly, since there won't be a how-to forthcoming.
Don't be discouraged by our April Fool's shenanigans, there are plenty of serious modifications we make to fountain pens to suit any specific need. A durable work pen is something many of our members use daily, Jody. Today we get to take our hobby to a silly place.

Wonder if my wearever section would fit a sharpie body, Id test that one out for Jody. Just cant take that pen to work, one little flicker and it releases a whole lotta ink

Don't be discouraged by our April Fool's shenanigans, there are plenty of serious modifications we make to fountain pens to suit any specific need. A durable work pen is something many of our members use daily, Jody. Today we get to take our hobby to a silly place.

Not discouraged. Amused ya got me. :a14:

Wonder if my wearever section would fit a sharpie body, Id test that one out for Jody. Just cant take that pen to work, one little flicker and it releases a whole lotta ink

So a contractor grade FP is possible?

At first glance the Kaweco Sport Pens seems to fit the bill for something I'd like. Small enough for a pocket, maybe even a jeans pocket. Not sure about the durability end of it.

My black Kaweco Sport has traveled the world in my jeans pocket. It's plenty durable. Just don't drive over it or anything.

-Andy

My black Kaweco Sport has traveled the world in my jeans pocket. It's plenty durable. Just don't drive over it or anything.

-Andy

Thanks for the testimonial.

I tend to carry things like pens, box cutter, Sharpies in my back pocket and occasionally sit down. Also push heavy pallets or other warehouse type items and sometimes lean into them rather vigorously. Breaking the pen would be one thing, wearing the ink would be another.

I realize none of these activities are actually recommended, but trying to be realistic about the odds of pen survival.

At first glance the Kaweco Sport Pens seems to fit the bill for something I'd like. Small enough for a pocket, maybe even a jeans pocket. Not sure about the durability end of it.

A Kaweco Sport is a perfect pen for a jeans pocket. It's very well built and stands up to plenty of abuse. Mine is starting to look pretty ratty from banging around with my keys and pocket knife, but it's basically bomb-proof. I've converted mine to an eye dropper filler (just grease the threads with silicone grease and fill it up) and it holds a ton of ink, particularly for such a small pen.

A Kaweco Sport is a perfect pen for a jeans pocket. It's very well built and stands up to plenty of abuse. Mine is starting to look pretty ratty from banging around with my keys and pocket knife, but it's basically bomb-proof. I've converted mine to an eye dropper filler (just grease the threads with silicone grease and fill it up) and it holds a ton of ink, particularly for such a small pen.

Bomb-proof is right up my alley. Plenty o' abuse is guaranteed.

Thanks for confirming it.

Secret option B is the Kaweco Aluminum Sport. Pricey but it'll outlast all of us.

-Andy

I like the looks of that one, but I gotta make sure I even want to go down this path, first.

Left handed writing has some challenges, but my enablers assure me that fountain penning from the left side is doable. Apparently there are magical fast drying inks that don't smear and all that.

Top Bottom