What's new

NHL Hockey Playoffs… Anyone watching?

Live in Desert, we have Hockey, don’t get game.

Local team is joke, owner don’t to much to promote, or educate people about the game of Hockey.

Hockey is popular in cold country.

The Bruins are still the 2023 Schmautzie Division Champions. No one can take that away from them.

I'm a Leafs fan now.
The 2023 Bruins are just another President’s Trophy winner that did not win the Cup. It reminds me of when the Lightning a few years ago got swept in the first round by the Blue Jackets after having a record setting season. In hockey, you have to play well enough in the regular season to make the playoffs, but once the playoffs begin, anything can happen, and it usually does. Everyone was just giving the Bruins the Cup before any games were played. That’s not how hockey works.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The 2023 Bruins are just another President’s Trophy winner that did not win the Cup. It reminds me of when the Lightning a few years ago got swept in the first round by the Blue Jackets after having a record setting season. In hockey, you have to play well enough in the regular season to make the playoffs, but once the playoffs begin, anything can happen, and it usually does. Everyone was just giving the Bruins the Cup before any games were played. That’s not how hockey works.
My dream is for a team to lose every regular season game in a shootout, but squeak into the last playoff spot with the 86 or whatever number of points they'd get from all those ties. 0-0-0-86 or something. Then they run the table in the playoffs and win the Cup.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Awesome game...(my crystal ball...it's only the 1st round [if only they can stay 'healthy' w/strong goaltending]), Kraken up 3-2 over the Avs (game four at Home...could 'close it out' this Friday @ 9pm).View attachment 1645022

1627003162823.png Seattle playoff hockey...a miracle in the evergreens". CBJ
1682970276434.png

proxy.php
"The Kraken has been released". CBJ

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
@The Count of Merkur Cristo … you really should give credit where credit is due.

Seattle didn’t humiliate the Divealanche 3 times here in Denver, rather, it was Gary Bettman & his zebras who carried the Kraken to their series win!

And if you don’t believe me, just ask any of the seasonal Avs fans out here! They’ll comfirm the same … that it was all the no & bad calls that undid the New California Avalanche! 😬

All jesting aside, congrats to the Seattle organization & their fans … much like Russell Wilson & his Super Bowl Seahawks of a few years ago, the Kraken have made life in Colorado tolerable once again!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Interesting how quickly Vegas and Seattle had playoff success. Good for the game. Bruins are going to have a long bitter offseason.
If not for Ovechkin’s pursuit of a Cup, I would have been pulling for LV in that amazing (inaugural) run of theirs.

As just previously mentioned, I was pulling for Seattle in the first round & especially so because I tryly loathe the Divealanche.

I watched the Bruins post-game show last night & their talking heads were very critical of the team & the high number of turnovers.

As a Devils fans, that’s my fear tonight. In the face of an unrelenting forecheck, their backliners are more akin to France’s WW2 Maginot Line than anything else … my heart says New Jersey, my mind’s thinking the Blue Skirts.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Poor Torontonians. I suppose one of NHL expansion's unseen benefits is that with clubs in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver the pain among English speaking Canadians when the Leafs do their annual floperoo is much less than it was 50 years ago.

Poor Torontonians. I suppose one of NHL expansion's unseen benefits is that with clubs in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver the pain among English speaking Canadians when the Leafs do their annual floperoo is much less than it was 50 years ago.
The Leafs aren’t done yet! They will win one or two more game and THEN crush my dreams… as has been tradition since 1967. 🤬

I am watching all the games and so far the LV - EDM series is the most fun to watch and best hockey for me. Two really good teams that are really going at it most of the time. That being said, I’d be very happy to see LV and SEA in the finals. That would be fun.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Canucks fan. Would be happy to see the Leafs get beyond first round and happier to see Boston out (still bitter about failed cup run). Supporting Canadian teams in general and enjoying this time of year. Some great hockey!

Top Bottom