What's new

NHL Hockey Playoffs… Anyone watching?

My beloved Leafs spanked Tampa last night so I am excited.

Will the Maple Laughs crush my dreams (as is tradition) as they have every year during my 54 years on this earth? Very, very likely.

But enough about me…

Let’s discuss how much we hate Boston and other fun playoff topics. 🤪

If I was forced to pick a team, I tend to gravitate towards Vancouver. It was more out of the social aspect of hanging with friends and watching the game. I've moved more towards being a fan of hockey in general since a win or loss by any particular team really has no bearing on my daily life.

Granted I still have gripes about moves and club direction. The Canucks owners push for a retool on the fly and promise that the playoffs are close. Next year will be better. Looking back to 2011 playoffs between Canucks and Boston, then GM Mike Gillis recommended that the team be blown up after the loss in game 7, any and all assets of value be traded for prospects and picks while they still had value. Owners didn't listen and we've been in this endless cycle of middle of the pack mediocrity and a revolving door of new yes men GM's toting the company line.

This year I would preferred that they had embraced the theme of "Bad for Bedard" rather than winning a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the year under Tocchet.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Rooting for the defending champions here. Thank heavens they showed up for the playoffs midway through the second period last night.

1682117452544.png

I am a Penguins fan, but unfortunately for me, they missed the playoffs this year. I check the scores every morning but have not seen a game yet. The Bruins had a record setting season and are the heavy favorites, but usually these super teams do not end up winning the Stanley Cup. In fact, the President’s trophy winning team rarely wins it all. We’ll see how it all plays out. I’ll probably tune in during the later rounds.

Bruins put on a great run this year. Injuries could slow them down. They are not a young team. Made lots of right moves with the roster this year. The Super Super teams seem to find a way to win the cup.

Landeskog - injury is frustrating. Hope he is able to bounce back into games next year. Guessing the NHL will have to impose accurate injury reports at some point in the future. Won it all; then Landeskog did not suit up for any games this year.

Coming off an evening at Amalie Arena to watch Boston University play in the semis of the Frozen Four, I’m taking a bit more interest in the NHL playoffs. Going to watch a bit of the Bruins (playing a couple hours away from me this afternoon) and the Lightning. There are quite a few Terriers in the NHL now, including Jack Eichel, who scored for Vegas yesterday.

WOW

What a game that was last night! It was great to finally be on the winning side of a comeback like that. Hope they can close it out on Thursday. GO LEAFS GO!

Long time hockey fan here. Started pulling for the Bruins back when Ray Borque was playing with them. Growing up in Nashville, attending NHL games was out for a while, but we did have a minor league team to enjoy (Nashville Knights). Then the Predators came to town, and of course they missed the playoffs this season. SO, the Bruins are still getting my attention (sorry, OP - but at least I have a history and not just a bandwagon!).
I've been turning a game on in the evening as I begin to wrap things up around the house. I'm sure I'll start to pay more attention as we get into the later rounds.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SharpieB:
proxy.php
"Every Game, Every Night, Because It's the Cup"!!! NBC Playoff Slogan

Q. Anybody watching Seattle (looking good...2-2 w/the Avalanche)?

proxy.php
"Release the Kraken"!

Will the Maple Laughs crush my dreams (as is tradition) as they have every year during my 54 years on this earth? Very, very likely.

But enough about me…

That comeback win by the Leafs almost had me go looking up in the attic for my Dave Keon Jersey . Of course it was from when I was ten so it probably wouldn't fit anymore anyway.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SharpieB:
proxy.php
"Every Game, Every Night, Because It's the Cup"!!! NBC Playoff Slogan

Q. Anybody watching Seattle (looking good...2-2 w/the Avalanche)?

proxy.php
"Release the Kraken"!
proxy.php
Awesome game...(my crystal ball...it's only the 1st round [if only they can stay 'healthy' w/strong goaltending]), Kraken up 3-2 over the Avs (game four at Home...could 'close it out' this Friday @ 9pm).
1682571654628.png

1627003162823.png Seattle playoff hockey...a miracle in the evergreens". CBJ

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented

But enough about me…

Oh, zip it, Bowmanville. I'm worried about the Panthers. This photo captures the relationship between Boston and Toronto quite nicely:

ctr hash.jpg

Rangers have their backs against the wall tonight vs. the faster and younger Devils. Not looking good, but I am rooting for them just as much now as I was back in the heyday of the 70’s with the GAG (“Goal a Game”) line with Gilbert, Ratelle & Hadfield, and a real rivalry between Boston and New York. New York hasn’t been keeping pace so much lately, but we can always hope…

Top Bottom