What's new

Newbie update

Just thought I would post an update here and have you guys let the useful tips and comments fly my way as y'all usually do!

Just to give some background again (since I've only posted once or twice) - I have been wetshaving for years with Mach 3 cartridges. I used an electric off and on for a few years but always hated it and when the screen got a hole in it I took it as an opportunity and chunked it in the trash. Now that I was a dedicated wetshaver I somehow stumbled upon this forum. I went on ebay and bid on a 1937 Injector (bakelite handle), went to Target and bought some Proraso cream and a Proraso brush. I used the Proraso and brush with my Mach 3 while I was waiting for my injector to arrive (since I won) and I couldn't believe how much just those two items improved my shave. My injector finally came in and I went to CVS and picked up some blades. Since then I haven't had as good of shaves as with the Mach 3. The injector feels like it's scraping instead of cutting and my neck has been very irritated. I'm going on a week now with the CVS blades and I changed to a fresh one this morning but I still had the same results. I'm not giving up on the injector yet since I know the CVS blades can be hit or miss for various individuals (I figured they were worth a try since they're readily available), but is there anything else I should try? I'm doing a two pass technique with relathering. I've got a couple of Gems on the way to try as well (RAD is setting in!) and I'm also going to try the other brands of injector blades. Thanks in advance for your help and comments!

Wayne

Top Bottom