What's new

Newbie from Munich

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register and say hi. I've been DE shaving for just over six months now and am loving it. I can't ever see myself going back to cartridge or electric razor shaving. Razor burn is definitely a thing of the past!

With regards to shaving equipment, I am using the Mühle R89 razor and M89 silvertip brush. I get on great with both and, at present, don't see myself switching to anything else.

I've tried a number of different razor blades. I started out with a sample pack of different kinds - Derby, Shark, Astra and Dorco. I did not get on at all well with the Derby and Dorco blades - I found that they did not give that good a shave and seemed to go blunt fairly quickly. The Astra blades were good and I have since purchased a load of the SP ones. I quite liked the Shark blades and found they gave a fairly close shave. However, my favourite blades so far are the Feathers; they are fantastic and I get near perfect results each time. I have learned to treat them with a fairly healthy respect after cutting myself a few times however.

As for pre-shave products, I am using either the Proraso green pre-shave cream or TOBS Sandalwood pre-shave oil. I find that using either helps in getting a closer shave.

Moving on to soaps and shaving creams, I originally tried Mühle's aloe vera soap but did not get on with it. I have since moved on to TOBS shaving cream. I started off with the classic Sandalwood and am now using the luxury Coconut cream which is fantastic. I've just purchased the St James, Eton College, Mr Taylor's and Jermyn Street Collection Sensitive creams to try out. When traveling I like to use the Proraso green shaving cream as I find it easier to pack.

Shaving technique - after watching Geofatboy's DE shaving tutorial on YouTube I am now a fan of the 3-pass method (although I sometimes drop to 2-passes if time is tight) which seems to give pretty much perfect results every time.

That's pretty much me. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum and picking up useful tips regarding products, techniques, etc.

Bertie

Hello and welcome, Bertie. Great to have you here on B&B. This is a super forum full of friendly, helpful shavers and you will learn a lot here.

Herzlich willkommen, lieber Bertie.

I'm a newcomer too and use the Proraso pre-shave cream. I also use the TOBS Sandalwood shave cream. Great products, though the Proraso menthol is like slapping my head against an iceberg! I started with Feather blades and handled them with great care as I was a little scared of their reputation. It taught me to apply only a light touch when shaving and I'm grateful for that.

Servus!

Welcome to the B&B forum Bertie!

You’ll find that there’s no better place for meeting friendly helpful shavers who are eager to share their knowledge and experience.

Thanks for your post and happy shaving!
:001_smile

Welcome to the forum. Now that you aren't lurking, you will have 6 soaps and 3 creams by the end of the year - we are all a bad influence!

Bertie,
Welcome to the forum, we're pleased to have you as a member. Looks like you're off to a great start with some top notch equipment!

Vielen Dank for the warm welcome! However, I should add that I'm not a native German but a Brit currently working out in Munich.

Welcome dear British friend in Munich!
Make yourself at home and get ready for the exciting journey ahead!

Top Bottom