What's new

Newbie Check-In and thanks!

Aside from the problem beard, I had almost the same reasons and experience switching to DE. Sounds like you're off to a great start. Just remember that you should perfect your technique before making any changes and when you do, only change one thing at a time.

As for that rotten badger stench, try this:
How_to_Break_in_a_Shaving_Brush
The stench was much less noticeable with my second shave yesterday. I cut myself up worse yesterday, but I think I know why. I had less stubble, so it was harder to hear and feel when my technique was right. This led to me pushing and sweeping more with the razor. I know better and paid the price. Now I'll be sure not to shave every day. A bit longer stubble (say every 2 days) will help me hone my technique. The only thing I intend to change up is the blades to find the one I like the best. I'll be sure not to use the Feathers until I stop doing stupid things.

Oh and I picked up some MWF. I hear it can be a challenge to lather. Should get here in the mail this week. I'll be sure to report back on my experience with it for those interested. I'm face lathering Proraso cream until then.

Top Bottom