What's new

New to SEs

Hey All!

Never gone the single edge route before, but I’m looking forward to it! I don’t have the time for straight razor maintenance etc. lately (#entrepreneur life…)I’ve been out of the B&B world for a few years and it seems there has been quite a bit of new razor design happening in this space. From what I recall the old Cobra used to be the only SE that took AC blades back then. Now there seems to be all sorts of stuff available. AC razors, half DE razors, and injectors. Cool stuff!

I have a Bullgoose Asylum on the way (one of their “seconds” specials), and now my Instagram feed is full of all sorts of tempting goodies….Supply, Leaf, etc etc… Gotta love those IG algorithms!

Confession: I had been using carts for the past 3-4 years since getting too busy for straights…. Actually, used alongside wet shaving techniques they work pretty well. BUT, a week or so back I purchased a Futur clone and the allure of true quality shaving came back with a vengeance!

Anyhow, just saying “hello” 😎👍

Welcome back. You might as well jump into the SE rabbit hole. Check out the Razorock Hawk and Blackland Vector. And go ahead a get a supply of various AC blades. I like Feather ProGuard and Feather Pro.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Welcome back to the forum!

Hoping the Asylum RX keeps you happily occupied until you’re ready to go back to straight razors or barber razors.

With straight razor experience, for SE I would very strongly recommend the new Feather SR that takes AC blades. Amazing shaver, no maintenance to speak of.
While you are at it, I would also recommend for blades that you try either the Kai Mild PINK or the Schick Proline over any of the Feather offerings. I have tried them all and the Kai and the Proline are both better than any of the Feather blades, imo.

You might as well jump into the SE rabbit hole. Check out the Razorock Hawk and Blackland Vector. And go ahead a get a supply of various AC blades. I like Feather ProGuard and Feather Pro.

Probably need a couple Gem razors and 2 or 3 vintage Schick injectors also. :)

...until you’re ready to go back to straight razors or barber razors.

...I would very strongly recommend the new Feather SR that takes AC blades. While you are at it, I would also recommend for blades that you try either the Kai Mild PINK or the Schick Proline over any of the Feather offerings.
Made me chuckle scanning this thread. Anyone else see the pattern? ;) Enablers, one and all!😂 Love it!!!😍

Yeah, I still have some AC blades from back when I used KAI & Feather straights. I agree, the KAI PINK was my favorite of the AC style blades.

Of course I
ll have to get some of the DE SEs, so I can play around with all of the DE blade options as well...

Top Bottom