What's new

New to forum from Pennsylvania

Mike,
A great cream to try is St James Of London's Sandalwood & Bergumont. It lathers up great, nice scent, and won't break the bank. Best with a badger brush. As far as blades go, try the Wilkinson Sword classic. Very sharp but not as sharp as the Feather.
Good luck with your hunt.
I'm also a
Mike

Wow, lot of replies. Normally you don't see but a few welcome replies to intro threads on forums.

Indeed it was CO Bigelow cream. As I said, I've been using the Van Der Hagen soap for about half a year (Edge Gel aerosol prior) and am finally figuring out how to properly create a lather. I didn't realize the CO Bigelow was menthol as I'm not fond of menthol. I did get a much thicker and slicker lather from it than I've been able to get from the VDH soap though. I didn't get much lather in quantity from it at first until the brush hit the face. On the face it kept building and building thick and slick. Might have to look into Proraso in the red tub if I'm correct to assume the red tub isn't menthol.

We are a friendly bunch around here!

You are correct. The red is actually the only Proraso without menthol. The blue and white both have menthol, but much less than the green. I've only tried the creams in the tubes. Between green, blue, and red, my favorite is the red. Consistent and wonderful lather. Some people don't like the scent. It smells of strongly of actual sandalwood. Not expensive aged sandalwood oil that ones finds in perfume, but what a woodworking workshop would smell like when cutting or sanding sandalwood. I love the scent, but it does seem to divide people.

Top Bottom