What's new

New Member Introduction

thanks guys for the restoration info! I'll let you know how I proceed and post some pix when done

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would be worried about the rust/pitting on the edge but it might turn up great!

Good luck!

Luc,

The rust along the edge does not appear to be too deep, perhaps it can be honed out..I'll let one of the recommended pros check it out.

I would be fun to do my own restoration as mdunn suggested, but I thing I'll pick up a junker to play around with first.

Marco, thanks for the welcome!

Rob

Luc

Staff member
Luc,

The rust along the edge does not appear to be too deep, perhaps it can be honed out..I'll let one of the recommended pros check it out.

I would be fun to do my own restoration as mdunn suggested, but I thing I'll pick up a junker to play around with first.

Marco, thanks for the welcome!

Rob

Not a problem, it's disappointing when you cannot save the blade but it's a fun project! Good luck!

James, Percus and T.Ryan, Thanks for the welcomes...the more time that I spend on this sight the more I realize what a great resource it is...Visionaire, love the term!

T

TonyMac

I've been wet shaving for about two months now and I love it! I've had only two nicks in all that time and they were pretty minor, so I think my technique is pretty good, as are the shaving results. But I believe this has more to do with all the research I did and the videos I watched before taking the plunge, not to mention the unparalleled advice I received from members here who are far more skilled and knowledgeable than me. Thanks a lot! I have already procured a number of new razors and am becoming pretty adept at identifying why I prefer one razor over another. Additionally, I have assembled a fairly impressive collection of vintage razors in excellent condition; some of them pretty scarce, which I was able to get well below "market value." What started out as just trying to find a better way to shave and take better care of my skin, has now evolved into something for which I have a great deal of passion and is actually enjoyable. Who knew that an activity I once dreaded and considered a curse has now become so much fun! I look forward to sharing and learning so much more than I already have!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

Staff member
I've been wet shaving for about two months now and I love it! I've had only two nicks in all that time and they were pretty minor, so I think my technique is pretty good, as are the shaving results. But I believe this has more to do with all the research I did and the videos I watched before taking the plunge, not to mention the unparalleled advice I received from members here who are far more skilled and knowledgeable than me. Thanks a lot! I have already procured a number of new razors and am becoming pretty adept at identifying why I prefer one razor over another. Additionally, I have assembled a fairly impressive collection of vintage razors in excellent condition; some of them pretty scarce, which I was able to get well below "market value." What started out as just trying to find a better way to shave and take better care of my skin, has now evolved into something for which I have a great deal of passion and is actually enjoyable. Who knew that an activity I once dreaded and considered a curse has now become so much fun! I look forward to sharing and learning so much more than I already have!

Welcome to B&B!

Top Bottom