What's new

new l'Occitane Cade shave cream

Hi all,
father's day came in early for me and I got the stuff I wanted myself...then could not wait to open the gift bag so I tried their new cream today with a merkur slant and a feather blade; the cream is very heavy in its tub so I almost used the brush as if it were a soft soap but then realized I took too much cream...that said, it face lathered very well, very very slick, very comfortable shave with an aggressive razor/blade combo. The only slight disappointment is the scent, it's very muted, I love the juniper scent so I wish the cream were a little stronger in that respect. I'm not a cream guy, I usually use soaps these days, but I enjoyed that one a lot. It's not cheap though, but then I also got myself the new EdT which is great, a little different from their past Cade aftershave. Give 34 bucks to your wife and get that shave cream for fathers' day, or get it for yourself, we never have enough products in the bathroom! will have to go back to buy another for my own father, then perhaps I will forget to give it to him!

The new "Rich" Shaving Cream is indeed rich in concentration and milder in scent than the previous formula. Of course the former formula wouldn't lather worth a lick so it is a worthwhile trade-off.

I just dip the tips of my brush in the Cade "rich" to get all I need for a four pass. It's a better value-for-dollar than it first appears.

Top Bottom