What's new

Neighborhood Pharmacy Pics From Around The World

Here are a couple pics from a few of the aisles from the pharmacy near my work. Fortunately...they only sell grooming products and not much else. I am pretty lucky.

Where are you at in SoCal? I am in the LA area for work a few times a year and would like to wander the aisles in that place.

Where are you at in SoCal? I am in the LA area for work a few times a year and would like to wander the aisles in that place.

I work in Ontario, CA. It's about 12 miles or so from Chino Hills. Easy trip on a lunch break. Just to come clean for everyone that doesn't recognize the pictures I posted they are from the innards of West Coast Shaving.

I work in Ontario, CA. It's about 12 miles or so from Chino Hills. Easy trip on a lunch break. Just to come clean for everyone that doesn't recognize the pictures I posted they are from the innards of West Coast Shaving.

I was going to guess WCS!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

I was about to rat you out.

Stopped into a small pharmacy near my office today at lunch to see what they had and there it was....the Bigfoot of the shaving world, yellow Barbasol. :lol:

Sparse offerings, but.....

I did find these for $1.29, regular price $1.43....

Stopped into a small pharmacy near my office today at lunch to see what they had and there it was....the Bigfoot of the shaving world, yellow Barbasol. :lol:

A can of yellow....do my eyes deceive me?? :a50: Wait, why am i excited about this again lol

Last edited:
Spent a few days in Barcelona, and yesterday I went to the dept store Il Corte Ingles. This is the one close to the FC Barcelona stadium, which I think is bigger than the one at the top of Las Ramblas. The shaving goodies were certainly better as far as I remember.

I bought some Floid, 400cl, which is labelled as a special edition, and some lea soap. (both were 15% discount).

Spent a few days in Barcelona, and yesterday I went to the dept store Il Corte Ingles. This is the one close to the FC Barcelona stadium, which I think is bigger than the one at the top of Las Ramblas. The shaving goodies were certainly better as far as I remember.

I bought some Floid, 400cl, which is labelled as a special edition, and some lea soap. (both were 15% discount).

I was in Barcelona years before I was a wet shaver. Now I know what I missed! Omegas and Vie-longs, but hmm, no Semogue?

I used to live in Fontana. Only thing I miss is In&Out.

Just had a trip to Russia. Didn't find anything really interesting in Moscow (shaving related), but while in St Petersburg, was advised to go to a store called Spectr (very James Bond!). Finally found some DE blades. Not a lot else though, no interesting software at all.

A view of the outside of one of the stores, might be helpful for somebody visiting the city.

I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, U.S., which is about 90 minutes west of Philadelphia and 2 hours north of Baltimore. There is a really great independent pharmacy called Savemart. They have a fantastic health products selection (vitamins, minerals, and supplements) and a very thorough beauty section, with a general focus on natural and organic products. Best of all, their prices are usually better than big box stores and, often, on par with or better than online prices. I have no interest in them other than as a consumer but it's one of those places I like to just walk around because of the all the different brands and options you won't see in the chain retailers.

In terms of shaving they have a pretty broad assortment of shaving creams and after shaves, including all of the Barbasol cans (including the yellow one), six types of Pinaud AS, Pinaud Clubman shaving cream (which I haven't tried but I am curious about), and 8 different types of Thayers WH. They only carry one type of DE blade, but they're Wilkinson Sword (made in Germany) and they're only $1.19/tuck. They carry the Omega 30265 brush, which looks like the 10065 but with a black band. Overall, it's a fairly nice selection and I'm thankful to have it nearby.

I've included all of this info and more on the wiki page I created for South-Central Pennsylvania (Lancaster, York, Harrisburg).
$savemart1.jpg$savemart2.jpg$savemart3.jpg$savemart8.jpgView attachment 575739

Just had a trip to Russia. Didn't find anything really interesting in Moscow (shaving related), but while in St Petersburg, was advised to go to a store called Spectr (very James Bond!). Finally found some DE blades. Not a lot else though, no interesting software at all.

A view of the outside of one of the stores, might be helpful for somebody visiting the city.

In Russia....pharmacy take photo of you.

A local goldmine..! Thanks for sharing, I'm in that part of the world next month, if I can, I'll check it out. I'm curious about the Clubman range.
Great. I'm glad it's useful info. There's also a tobacco store at the nearby mall that carries some razors and blades. I'm hoping to get that info into the wiki as well.

Here is a place I found in Cuenca, Ecuador. The interior was very historic looking. (Sorry, pics were dark), this would have been the place to go to back in the day.

Today, however, it was fronted by a simple modern glass case with few items. The back portion was a huge apothecary just as you'd imagine from the 1800s.

Would have made a great place to show off a vintage collection though. Iffin you could afford to buy an old pharmacy in Ecuador, of course.

$uploadfromtaptalk1433171097894.jpg

Top Bottom