What's new

National Airport in DC

Nope. National is also known as Reagan National by some (actually that is the official name, unless it was changed back to just National).
Dulles is a different airport altogether and serves domestic and international flights. As far as I know, National only serves domestic flights.

Great shot!

This is still Reagan National... locals will be more likely to refer to it as National. It's just easier to say than "Regan National", and it's hard to break habbit and start calling it just, "Reagan Airport", though I've heard a few do that.

This is a good shot of the recenly refurbished National. A decade or so ago, I loathed going through there. It was really a rinky-dink airport. Now it's a lot nicer, though I still prefer BWI (or "Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport"... I've never heard ANYBODY refer to it as simply Thurgood Marshall).

Speaking of Dulles... that is probably the most vile place I ever had the misfortune of flying through. I had successfully avoided it for about 15 years or so, until recently. I grabbed a pic with my phone too (click here, if you care to see it. Compared to this one, it is highly embarassing.) Though it was still unpleasant, it wasn't nearly as bad as the fog of years has left me to remember.

Top Bottom