What's new

Nassau County anyone?

What's up people? I'm in Plainview. Are there any brick n mortar stores where they sell a nice selection of soaps and aftershaves? I know all about the shops at the mall, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Harmon, BBB, etc. Been there, done that.

Thanks in advance.

What's up people? I'm in Plainview. Are there any brick n mortar stores where they sell a nice selection of soaps and aftershaves? I know all about the shops at the mall, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Harmon, BBB, etc. Been there, done that.

Thanks in advance.
Pasteurs in Manhattan has LOADS of soap and shave gear. No straights though, but its like a Home Depot for shave gear. There are 2 locations, the midtown location I have been to once and its CHOCK full of goodies! Of course there is AOS in Walt Whitman Mall and Roosevelt field as well. Pasteurs is worth the trip IMO.

Pasteurs in Manhattan has LOADS of soap and shave gear. No straights though, but its like a Home Depot for shave gear. There are 2 locations, the midtown location I have been to once and its CHOCK full of goodies! Of course there is AOS in Walt Whitman Mall and Roosevelt field as well. Pasteurs is worth the trip IMO.
+1

I work in the neighborhood and visit every week or two. It's just 4 blocks from Penn (34th east of Madison).
It never occurred to me to look for straights, but I have noticed shavettes. The prices are in the range of Amazon's -- my last item was stickered about 10% below Amazon's. Plus, they give another 10% off if you mention Badger& Blade.

There will be a honing meet(open to everyone) at Belmont Lake State Park in west babylon on June 27(saturday) at 9 am. Weather permitting. Honing demos, bring your razors and stones! Exit 38 on the southern state parkway takes you right into the park. There are restrooms and snack bar there as well. Please advise if your coming so we can tell you where we will meet. Hope to see you there!

I hate to be a wet blanket, but is there ever one of things that is not focused on straights? Nothing against straights, but for us DE-only guys a broader topic would be good, in my opinion.

DE shavers are welcome although there will be more honing and straight talk going on. The focus will be on showing new and inexperienced honers the fastest way to get started. You may be the next straight aficionado! LOL. Your call brother of course. I cant see how you would feel not in good company! All of us used/use de razors.

Top Bottom