What's new

Nasal rinsing with neti pot or nasal rinse bottle

Squeeze bottle every morning. Just an ordinary small plastic bottle with a nozzle, not one especially designed for the purpose.

I was born with a deviated septum and i smoke, so naturally i get sinus infections a LOT

The NetiMed squeeze bottle is a GODSEND on days where it feels like my face is going to explode.

I still have more than half the packets of saline left even thought i bought it almost 2 years ago, since i only use it when i need it.

I put distilled water in the microwave for 1 minute which makes it almost perfect temperature.

For years I used to have horribly allergies. Expenive nasal puffs were the only thing that worked. Later I started using Netipot with regular kosher salt and everything cleared up :thumbup: Now I don't have to use it anymore, but I still have it around just in case.

I've got a neti pot thing somewhere.
I stopped using it a long time ago because I was doing it wrong.

Maybe I should dig it out again.

A friend of mine just does it in the shower with the water from the shower head.

I use the Squeeze bottle type. Only use it when I feel a sinus infection or cold coming on and haven't had any sinus related illness since using it.

I don't buy those ridiculously expensive salt packets or special "neti salt", either. Not necessary.

A container of pure Kosher salt from the Dollar Tree works fine. 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 8 oz. warm water is pretty close to regular saline.

On those bad days I'll add a little bit more to make a hypertonic solution to really dry them up.

I have one. I only tend to use it when I already am having sinus issues. But maybe now that I have a recipe for the solution I might use it more regularly to prevent problems. It can be rather uncomfortable if you already have congestion. Maybe I just need to use it more.

I've been considering this over the years.. as I have a lot of allergies.. but i just can't bring myself to try it..

EDIT.

Ok, if this many guys here use them, I'm convinced to give it a try.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I use the normal Neti pot, every once in a while. Ironically, it has both been the best thing ever (for clearing me out beautifully) and the worst thing ever (the one time I used it incorrectly and had hot, salty water coming out of my eyes). Here's a pro-tip: if your eyes start stinging, you're doing it wrong!

used the pot, now using the squeezer! have not had to take Claritin D for over a year as a result, no trips to the Dr's office for sinus infections either.

marty

For the uninitiated or those who gave it up due to discomfort:

If you use plain water you'll sting your sinuses like crazy. You MUST use a saline solution.

Also make sure you're using lukewarm water. I use the "baby formula" thing on the wrist.

You must bend over the sink, tub, etc. you cannot do this standing up or anywhere near up.

Done correctly, the ritual is painless and I daresay pleasurable .
:w00t::ihih:

I use a product called Simply Saline which is saline solution in a can which allows for quick, easy and clean use when I need it. It really helps when the sinus infections come around.

proxy.php

I use a product called Simply Saline which is saline solution in a can which allows for quick, easy and clean use when I need it. It really helps when the sinus infections come around.

proxy.php

This looks like a quick solution for days I don't have time to prep a pot. Where did you find these?

Top Bottom