• Lime

• Marrakesh

• Mysore Sandalwood

• Prospect Creek

• Sandalwood Rose

• Unscented

• Wild Lavender

Results are only viewable after voting.
I imagine the viola is a divisive as the VEG. On first sniff out of the package and on test lather i got a refreshing scent of incontinent old lady. But this morning's shave i got a beautiful (but manly <grunt>) light floral scent.

I only have one, viola di bosco, and it's bloody awesome! One of the best scents in shaving soaps ever!

Never had that one but have heard good things. Adirondack Jack is also one I have been interested in.

I have not used my tub yet, but Green Fairy is one of the best scents out of the tub of any product I have had...anise/black licorice.

It seems all the MW scents are great and the soaps are phenomenal for me, even withy hard water.

Art is King.
Didn't see that one listed, maybe it's discontinued. :001_rolle

Last edited:
I imagine the viola is a divisive as the VEG. On first sniff out of the package and on test lather i got a refreshing scent of incontinent old lady. But this morning's shave i got a beautiful (but manly <grunt>) light floral scent.

Beautiful/manly and light floral is a good description. I always think of it as an earthy/floral. Viola and Adirondack Jack are my two favorite MW scents.

The Mysore Sandlewood is excellent. It's the most accurate scent of any sandlewood soap i've tried, and it's a rich lather with clay and shea butter in it. The website says this is the last of the fragrance, so i'll be ordering a spare tin next time i lodge an order.

[FONT=&amp]"This is how to obtain a copious, thick, yogurt-like, lasting lather using MW shaving soap: soak your shaving brush in hot water, take it out of the water, let the water drip until no more drips out, then give two or maybe three moderate shakes, but don't squeeze out the water. Take this relatively wet brush to the soap and begin to swirl lightly. If the lather looks foamy or airy right away, keep lathering on top of the puck until it thickens. If it does not, just keep loading until the brush is loaded to your satisfaction. Then take the loaded brush to your bowl (or face). Begin swirling gently and calmly. Once the lather looks creamy, add a couple of drops of water if necessary, and continue calmly swirling until the water is fully incorporated and the lather has no visible bubbles. If more water is required, do the same thing again, each time incorporating the water fully before adding more, and never whipping the brush around wildly.[/FONT]"

This technique has worked well for me. At first I was getting light, airy lather from my MW samples, but now get an ideal cream that rounds off all the other qualities in MW, including wonderful scents and excellent moisturizing. I find that they work best face lathering for me.

[FONT=&amp]HTH[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

+2

Once you get the hang of it - MW delivers unparalleled protection & post shave. Its not hard - just a little different....

I'm normally a sandalwood guy: proraso, art of shaving, and truefitt, so this time I decided to go with something a little more summery. I got the prospect creek (peppermint) and I love it. It's a shame that the Mysore sandalwood is going away because it would have been my next purchase, but with two tubes of proraso green, a tub and tube of proraso red, AOS sandalwood, and truefitt and hill lime still in the cabinet, SWMBO would lose her mind if I had another little yellow package with a soap in it show up in the mailbox. Truly sad she's discontinuing it, but either way prospect creek is fantastic!

I'm normally a sandalwood guy: proraso, art of shaving, and truefitt, so this time I decided to go with something a little more summery. I got the prospect creek (peppermint) and I love it. It's a shame that the Mysore sandalwood is going away because it would have been my next purchase, but with two tubes of proraso green, a tub and tube of proraso red, AOS sandalwood, and truefitt and hill lime still in the cabinet, SWMBO would lose her mind if I had another little yellow package with a soap in it show up in the mailbox. Truly sad she's discontinuing it, but either way prospect creek is fantastic!

I just used up the last of my oil to make one last batch so I have 25 pucks curing now. There's been no word from my supplier as to when or if this fragrance will ever be available again. I'm still looking for a satisfactory replacement but so far, nada. :sad:

I just used up the last of my oil to make one last batch so I have 25 pucks curing now. There's been no word from my supplier as to when or if this fragrance will ever be available again. I'm still looking for a satisfactory replacement but so far, nada. :sad:

Hi Michelle,
And how about some limited scent editions?

#1 for me still Bay Rum.
Maestrale a close second, Coconut third, and lagging a bit Coconut Lime Verbena.
I need to focus on the latter more.

I think we need a new poll :)

Awesome to hear you say that. I have some prospect creek coming my way and I've never used another MW soap before. Excited to try it out.

No problem. It truly is a great soap. I've never used a tallow based soap before and now I see all the rave. Just remember to use a little extra water. I even had to send her an email compliment (something I've never done) just to tell her that it's fantastic. I hope you love it as much as I do. It's got just enough menthol and peppermint to refresh the face but not leave you tingling for 30 min afterward.

Of those listed marakesh is my favorite so far, however an orange spice tea sample michelle sent with my last order is tops for me followed by barbershop but those aren't included in the poll

Of those listed marakesh is my favorite so far, however an orange spice tea sample michelle sent with my last order is tops for me followed by barbershop but those aren't included in the poll

There have been lots of new ones come out since the poll was started over 2 years ago.

Top Bottom