What's new

My Wife Called Me "The M Word"

Excellent read Gentleman! :) Really good to hear peoples stories. As for me, im not married but have been with my wonderful girlfriend nearly 6 years (im 24) and she says i have too much stuff.....which i take no notice of that opinion haha! :)

Last edited:
Excellent read Gentleman! :) Really good to hear peoples stories. As for me, im not married but have been with my wonderful girlfriend nearly 6 years (im 24) and she says i have too much stuff.....which i take no notices of that opinion haha! :)

Thats couch sleeping material right there! Or a blocking of a certain activity for X amount of time haha! :laugh:
we as women NEVER have too much stuff...so there!!

$tumblr_mdc3nygaUO1rnhsoeo1_500.gif

I enjoyed reading this post. I really like the retrosexual term. This is the first time that I have heard it and will have to steal it. I am new to wet shaving and I use a lot of products and steps when shaving. My wife complained about how much my safety razor, brush, and soap cost until I pointed out how much she spends on hair products, make up, and getting her hair done every 6 weeks LOL.

Yeah, my wife likes to look sideways and grin a little with my DE thing. She can't say too much as she handed over the Tech (her grandfather's) that has the whole mode going in the right direction.

Great story. My wife give me a hard time to but fact of the matter is she gets unruly if I hadn't shaved. She'll actually go tell me to shave. So does my 6 year old daughter. They both say it "burns" when I hug them. Besides my wife is in the clean cut looking camp. :thumbup:

One more thing, just don't go getting $40 haircuts done by a hipster like I did and you'll be ok.:biggrin1:

"Retrosexual"? No need to make up new words. Simply explain that there is nothing wrong with a man ensuring that he is well kept or with taking the trouble to ensure a clean and appropriate shave every morning. There is an old French book for gentlemen that addresses these things, a book the George Washington lived by in his youth. If he isn't manly, then few are truly manly. Besides, depending on your profession or where you are going, it is important to be well groomed. Being well groomed and dressed reflects a professional and caring attitude, and competence. For example; my wife was sick a few years ago and in the hospital. When the doctor arrived to talk with us and her family about what was going on, his hair was wild, his tie loose and showing a poor attempt at a half-windsor, his shirt and trousers were wrinkled, and his shoes were scuffed. He may have had a long day, I don't know and he didn't look all that tired. Either way he still should have made an effort to maintain a professional appearance. We all lost some confidence in his ability as a doctor. Long story short, appearance does matter and how we are perceived to care for ourselves is where most people will get their first impression of us.

Or do that ultimatum thing that wives and girlfriends tend to do; "Would you rather I look like a slob, or be clean and presentable?":001_rolle

Hollywood photographer George Hurrell on William Powell:

"The most impeccably groomed man I have ever seen."

$Wm. Powell-Hurrell.jpg

Last edited:
Or do that ultimatum thing that wives and girlfriends tend to do; "Would you rather I look like a slob, or be clean and presentable?":001_rolle
That does not work with women. Mine would respond with some version of, "No, I'd rather you did it my way",(even though it is so convoluted that even she cannot describe it, and it has no relation to logic, or even being actually possible to achieve).

How does talc help with summer heat? I, interested. Don't know much about talc powder

Man says to store clerk: "Could you direct me to the talcum powder?"
Store Clerk: "Yes Sir. Just walk this way."
Man: "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need any talcum powder."

Aside from helping you walk, a little around your neck helps your collar slide, reducing irritation. Also, I had to have a spot removed under my arm and couldn't use anti-perspirant. The Dr said use talc until it healed, then deodorant. Said never use anti-perspirant, the body flushes toxins from your lymph nodes in arm pit sweat. I'm no Dr, but I pay him for his advise so I take it. Sorry for the thread jacking.

My wife likes to tease me about shaving. But if I wait a bit to shave she asks me "aren't you going to shave today?" Last Sunday I was late and I said (jokingly but she didn't know it) I would shave after church. She said if I didn't shave we could go in separate cars and to please sit somewhere else.

This is my wife she likes to tease me but she hates facial hair so she loves the the fact I shave Evey day and and not complain about I shave a night so its nice and smooth when we cuddle,(yes I cuddle with my wife lol) and since I started shaving the right way and can get a BBS shave with out the pain I watch the clock and jump up at shave time happy and excited. She just lol and say it must be shave time lmao

I think "pre shave prep" is the blurry line. If your using anything referred to as a scrub or mask(especially in conjunction with the word exfoliate), you're definitely a Metro. Getting finger/toenail work, waxing, or otherwise going to a spa means you have a lot of work to do if you want your man card back. Quickly, buy a gun and a truck before it's too late! Fill your fridge with beer just to be sure!

Top Bottom