What's new

My restore que just got WAY longer!

Ground rule double, my ***! That's a walk off homer. :thumbup:It looks beautiful. Very nice work.
I do have to agree that Cap is a great American. Although, with his kindness, politeness, and generousity he would make a pretty fine Canuck. :wink2:

Up next is a Robeson ShurEdge 400 "The Razor That Fits Your Face" with a hammered tang. Just a little spit shine on the blade. The show side was in great shape but the off side had (and still has) some significant pits. Just not enough steel on this extra hollow to try to remove them. While the scales were in nice shape, the hinge pin was seriously bent. Removing it was a bit of a challenge. The sticker on the off side scale says something like "No. 400", "......wiry beards", and "........little stropping". This was the first time I thoroughly enjoyed a shave from a blade ground this hollow.
View attachment 548586
$104_1538.jpg

This John Bert "THE HINDOO" (no. 9 on the original list) is a big departure from my normal MO. PVC scales from a piece of 8" water pipe that I salvaged from a contractor friend's off cut pile. It reminded me of some Fili scales that I have seen. The wedge is from a divider from a plastic tackle box.
$104_1540.jpg
$104_1542.jpg
$104_1543.jpg
$104_1544.jpg

Nice work on those last two, Dave! I really like the blue water pipe scales. Never would have thought it would turn into something so presentable!

Top Bottom