What's new

My first new straight - Dovo Shoulderless 6/8

New to straights, I had the itch to buy a new blade. I'd been looking at various brands/sizes/types and from what I had gathered it had as much to do with those variables as it be aesthetically appealing to me, the end user. So, when I saw this blade on TSS's website I new I had to see it upclose. Fortunately for me, I live right down the street from Jarrod's shop and can go see things first hand.

What drew me to this razor was it's unique spine and shoulderless design. It's a full hollow grind with Paslisander scales, with a great weight to it. Much nicer than the straights I own with plastic scales. I just had it's first run on my 3 day growth in which it provided an incredible shave. I'm a happy customer of Jarrod's once again! How do you think I did?

Unfortunately, I can't get the photo's to upload right now. Will keep trying.

Last edited:
$photo-5.jpg

$photo-3.jpg

$photo-2.jpg

Wow, very nice. I'm thinking about getting into straights as well and that seems like a fine first one.

That is a sweet looking blade. I've been contemplating getting my feet wet with a straight as well. I've also had my eye on that particular razor.
You have good taste. :thumbup:

Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

sgtd, My understanding is that straights from superior shave come honed and shave ready.

Well then, that settles it. I think I will be visiting that website tomorrow to see what I can find. Thanks for the info.

Really nice! I like shoulderless blades and the brass wedge is a cool touch. Superior Shave carries some nice stuff for sure.

Thank you gents! Yep, it came shave ready from Jarrod with a comfortable edge. I feel kinda lucky to live down the street.

Thanks guys! I've shaved with it twice and absolutely love the blade. Shaves are getting better with each one...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's essentially the same blade as the Bismarck without the gold wash. I get great shaves out of mine.

Top Bottom