What's new

My first FP!

Hey gents!

I bit the bullet and decided to buy a fountain pen. I went with the cheapest they had at the bookstore, that was also nice. Unfortunately it only works on cartridges, but I guess you get what you pay for. It's a Parker, but I don't know the model name. Anyone seen it before?

It has a medium nib I guess. It's nice, but for my small notebooks, I would prefer a narrow nib. But for a first buy, I'm happy with it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

What do you think?

No, it cost me about $55 in Norway. Things are more expensive here, so it's not a fair comparison. Can't say it looks like a Vector from the pictures I found on Google.

strop

Now half as wise
What do I think? :thumbup1:

You're doomed!:biggrin1: [cue music] Another one bites the dust [end music] too many enablers around here.

Seriously, that looks like it writes very nicely. Looks like a Parker I.M. (I have no idea what I.M. stands for...I just quickly looked at the Parker site.) You'll soon get an idea for what size nib you prefer, what size pen, etc. Although I don't have any Chinese pens, I'm sure someone will jump in with some suggestions for inexpensive pens to get you started. I little jump up in price will get you a Waterman Carene, or such, or a nice vintage pen. Keep your eye on the BST. I'd really suggest you get one to fill from a bottle...the ink choices ae almost limitless. Have fun.

Mark

Good that you found something and took the plunge.
The fun part is finding the perfect pen.
14 pens in and I'm still looking....(and I sold a bunch a while ago too!)

I had forgotten all about the IM. Very nice looking pen. If you use almost no pressure on the nib, does that narrow the line a bit for you?

-Andy

Nice looking pen and the writing sample looks great. Agreed with Andy, lighten on the pressure considerably and the line should narrow.

Unfortunately it only works on cartridges, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Simple. I have a bag full of them here. (I make pens). The ones I have are screw type piston converters. I buy them in bulk from Taiwan, and they are so cheap that I'll send one for free. Drop me a PM with your address, and I'll get one in the post to you. Then you will be able to use good inks!

Regards
Rod

Last edited:
Andrew, slivesay: No, unfortunately it does not. When I try using less pressure than what I normally do, the ink doesn't transfer well to the paper, I get white sections in letters etc.

Neep, thanks!

Top Bottom