What's new

Music Theory and paranormal showes!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice Monty Python link there. I don't recall ever seeing that one before. This is still my favorite though.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
I'm by no means an expert but I'm fairly certain that kicking a man in the nuts is a clear violation of the laws of chivalry...

My favorite skit from the Show was the Cheese Shop (although learning how to defend yourself against someone armed with fresh fruit is useful :001_smile), and Life of Brian is my favorite movie.

I know you must have dealt with your fair share of uncertainty, unknowing, and confusion before finding out what was going on, so I greatly appreciate that you are willing to share and provide some personal insight on what you experience. Thank you. We can only get so much from textbooks, class lectures, and from reading studies while in school. Personal experience helps bring general information into a real world context.

Holmer,
I'm sure it can be frustrating being asked a lot of questions and I hope that you do not let it get to you too much. A lot of people are curious when they encounter something that they do not understand and will ask questions in an attempt to gain understanding. Through understanding, of the most debilitating disorders to the little understood psychological and neurological quirks, we can reduce the stigma that currently exists and reduce the ignorance of people who simply cannot fathom the obstacles others must endure. Personally, I'm studying psychology and neuroscience and, if I make it to grad school, may one day encounter individuals with synesthesia or dyslexia. My own knowledge and understanding will be a major contributor in my ability to assist them. I meant no disrespect and hope that my question was not viewed as being anything other than an innocent thirst for knowledge and understanding.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way. What I was referring to is allot of times people will ask what's it like to be dyslexic and my reply is what's it like to not be dyslexic? When your born this way its all you know. Maybe ill start a dyslexia thread and get into that a little more. Maybe it'll help you or some parents or grandparents gain a little insight.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way. What I was referring to is allot of times people will ask what's it like to be dyslexic and my reply is what's it like to not be dyslexic? When your born this way its all you know. Maybe ill start a dyslexia thread and get into that a little more. Maybe it'll help you or some parents or grandparents gain a little insight.

I just wanted to be sure that my intentions were clear and that we were on the same page. No offense was taken, and I hope no offense was given by me.

Starting a dyslexia thread for anyone who knows someone who is dyslexic, and for other members who are dyslexic, to communicate directly with each other may be a great help for everyone who gets involved.

Top Bottom