What's new

Musgo Real After Shave scent

Thanks to B&B I am now using and enjoying Musgo Real AS - the scent being very refreshing. My question is which of their colognes (if any) have the same scent.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
To the best of my knowledge, none of them, although they are all very nice.

None of them smell at all like the AS, which is a pity, because I think the AS is the best-smelling of the lot.

Here is a link to Musgo Real’s page on the maker’s site.

http://www.lafcony.com/clausporto/index.php?frame=MUSGO

The page has discriptions of the three colognes and the aftershaves. I have the cream and have had my eye on the aftershaves and the colognes.

Do you have the cream as well? Perhaps someone who has both can tell me: Does the scent of the aftershave splash, which is described as a mix of vetyver and patchouli, the same as the cream?

Do you have the cream as well? Perhaps someone who has both can tell me: Does the scent of the aftershave splash, which is described as a mix of vetyver and patchouli, the same as the cream?

No. Can't really describe the aftershave, except that it is very masculine, and very good. But not like the cream. Also, neither spicy nor sweet. Maybe a little spruce, among other things. Someone, help?

And also, as to the colognes, they also do smell like the aftershave. But if you want something fresh and outdoorsy, the #2 Oak Moss is fabulous stuff.

-Mo

Truly a shame, as I too enjoy the scent of the Musgo aftershave splash. I've actually considered purchasing the Musgo Real bath soap, but until reading this thread, I just assumed the fragrance of the bath soap would match the scent of the A/S Splash. Not the case?

The aftershave is also scented with Vetyver and Patchouli, but contains a lot more musk than the sopa, so the soap mostly has the grassy scent of patchouli, made even fresher by the hint of menthol in the cream formula. The musk scent of the aftershave is very nice- it must be a high quality synthetic (not one of the nitro-musks that make lynx smell so awful), and blends nicely with the other fragrances. The scent complements the cream very well in my opinion- the cream is the fresher scent you want to wake you up, the aftershave is a mellower (but still fresh) smell that is pleasant to carry about with you the rest of the day. The Musgo soap on a rope smells very similar to the cream.

My Portugese friend told me that in portugal, everybody is really addicted to musk, and just about all of their most popular perfumes are largely based on it. The name Musgo Real means Royal Musk.

I just can't get my mind around what this smells like. I've been thinking of buying a bottle over the net, but as I can't get a smell of it before I do so I am hestitating. I don't use cologne, but I do use a number of aftershaves:

- Royall Bay Rhum
- Dominica Bay Rum
- Pinaud Bay Rum
- English Leather
- Aqua Velva Classic
- Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (smells like Jay's Fluid out of the bottle, but once on it's not bad at all)
- Pinaud Clubman (which I can only handle infrequently)
- Thayer's Rose

For shaving cream I regularly use Taylor's Rose and Lavender and Proraso Green. I like the smell of Florena, but don't like its lather (or lack thereof).

Does the scent of MR A/S come close to any of the above? Failing that can anyone explain to me in plain English what it smells like?

Grassy, fresh, and musky. Not spicey or leathery, not sweet, but definitely a very fresh scent, very clean, and dominated by the smell of musk. It is excellent stuff in every respect, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Thanks Steerpike. I'm gonig to give it a whirl, as I'm looking for something new and it's not outrageously expensive.

I loooooove the scent of Musgo Real Shave Cream. I bought the AS and the ASB thinking they would smell the same. Alas, they smell much different. Kind of a thick and oily scent, to my nose. Clearly YMMV on this one, as so many folks speak highly of the scent. But it is my least favorite AS. :bored:

Just received a bottle of Musgo Real A/S and I'm truly sorry I didn't find it sooner. This stuff is absolutely fantastic - probably the best scent I've ever come across.

Top Bottom