What's new

Most Complex Daily Shaving Ritual

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello Possum, I hope you are doing wonderful today!

Personally, I don't feel the need to over complicate my shaving regimen. I have enough troubles as it is, achieving the perfect shave, without drawing blood. I've only had 1 shave to date that I could consider a full 10 out of 10 shave, without drawing any blood, and that was a huge momentous achievement for me! Incase you are curious, it was a 99% BBS shave with remaining 1% DFS, I was so darn proud of that shave I tell ya.

But see, I challenged myself you see, and like Kahn in Star Trek II, when it comes to a good challenge, I shall have them! HAHA! But that was a lot of work to achieve, which is why I don't expect to get that every shave, and I most certainly don't. In my last shave, I actually got some capillary bleeding of the unwanted, trying to get some good BBS in the moostash area, this was caused by me raking the skin a few too many times going ATG this time around.

Its a delicate balance between BBS and DFS. I am one of those folks who likes to go for the BBS as much as possible. There are a lot of folks on here though, who don't bother going for the BBS, and will tell you this, DFS is plenty good enough for them. So like I said, with the work involved in getting as much BBS as possible, I don't feel the need to over complicate things further.

The fact that want to try different things like that, makes me think that maybe your bored with your current regimen? And if this is so, I am truly sorry to hear that! I want everybody in this shaving hobby, or journey, to find enjoyment and fun in what they do. :)

Trying a few new things has moved up on my shaving to do list. My current shave regimen and equipment has maxed out; nothing but boringly good, close shaves. Groundhog Day, just like shaving with a Gillette Fusion cartridge setup. I tried a few new soaps last week; two losers in the bin and one winner into rotation. Guess I’ll keep hunting for the next best thing.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have mentioned this before. I was a carpenter for around 1/3 of my working years. I was trained by my father (a vehicle mechanic) that every tool has place in the tool box; should be cleaned properly after each use; returned to its home in the tool box. As a result, I was the same way with my carpentry trade tools Everything was organized. I never had to search for a tool, caulking, nails, screws, etc... No wasted time looking for stuff in the back of my pickup with a topper. I always knew were everything was... a ritual, if you will.

I use a similar approach to shaving. I don't have so much stuff that I can't organize it easily, so everything starts out put way.... then I get out the tools, place everything on a hand towel next to the sink; complete the shave; return everything exactly where it should be.

As has been mentioned many times here on B&B: we are all different, with some commonality between us. There is no one single right way to approach our collective hobby. Organized, disorganized... soaps organized alphabetically or by ranking? It doesn't really matter. We all do what works best for us... and if we stumble across another way that appeals to us, we make changes.

Peaceful and relaxing shaves,

Everyone.

KISS works best for this old guy, especially first thing in the AM!!

That said, when I really want a special, luxurious shave, I start with a warm towel!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Agree, but after 30+ years of using roughly the same routine…I am looking to change up something. Maybe I’ll give the warm towel a go this weekend. Have a great day!

Invent an automatic shaving machine.

1) Clean face using warm water spray mist
2) Partially dry face using gentle streams of compressed air
3) Measure & map facial surface using laser tomography
4) Automatically mix and warm lather
5) Apply lather using robotic arm
6) Insert fresh razor blade from automatic magazine
7) Shave using 6-axis computer controlled razor
8) Clean excess lather using warm water spray
9) Dry face using gentle streams of compressed air
10) Apply aftershave from pre-programmed selection
11) Facial massage using robotic arm
12) Automatically eject used blade and go through internal cleaning cycle

We have the technology!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Agree, but after 30+ years of using roughly the same routine…I am looking to change up something. Maybe I’ll give the warm towel a go this weekend. Have a great day!

Buy a Rex Ambassador, load it with a Feather blade, set it to level 6.5, your adventure awaits you padawon, may the bravery be with you. Cause, your gonna need it.

Maybe use some Arko soap too, something to cleanse your sinuses while your at it. Then after the shave, use that alum block, yes, you'll need it for sure!

Then, finish off the shave with Captains Choice aftershave. Bring the fire to your face 🔥 The burn let's you know your still alive, somehow, and then you smell good and feel good after.

That is, if you survived the Ambassador bringing your facial hair to justice for violating HOA height regulations.

Invent an automatic shaving machine.

1) Clean face using warm water spray mist
2) Partially dry face using gentle streams of compressed air
3) Measure & map facial surface using laser tomography
4) Automatically mix and warm lather
5) Apply lather using robotic arm
6) Insert fresh razor blade from automatic magazine
7) Shave using 6-axis computer controlled razor
8) Clean excess lather using warm water spray
9) Dry face using gentle streams of compressed air
10) Apply aftershave from pre-programmed selection
11) Facial massage using robotic arm