What's new

Montreal shopping list

Hi all. This is my first post on the forum. I'm from Montreal and I have been wet-shaving for roughly a year and a half. I have a Merkur double edge safety razor that I received as a christmas present, a edwin jagger C&E best badger brush, and I use a variety of soaps, creams, and after shaves.

My question is regarding razor blades. Here in montreal I am only able to find Merkur, Wilkinson Sword, and the tin can Gillettes. I have been using Derby for about a year now which I had been buying at Vasco Cigars. In the past month though they have run out of blades and they do not seem to be getting any.

Is there another store in Montreal that people have been able to find top notch blades at?

Thank you for any help! :thumbup:

Antonio

Welcome aboard to B&B. I can't speak for Montreal but I ran into the same situation here in my city. Certain limited blades were not being re-stocked. I suggest you do the online thing. Alfred at Fendrian.com has some nice blades and shipping should be decent, it's not super far from Brampton to Montreal.

Thank you for the welcome.
I decided to order a sample pack from westcoastshaving.com (is this a well trusted site by members here?) as well as 100 derby's. I figured I'd stick to what I like but I would also like to sample different kinds of blades here and there.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Vasco is one place but my understanding, expensive... I think Jean Coutu/Phamiliprix/etc are stocking Lord but I'm unsure about that one...

Buying online should give you a wider choice. Rasage Poulin and Fendrian would by my picks.

WestCoast shaving should be very good. I never ordered from them myself (considering where I am) but you should find what you need there!

I decided to order a sample pack from westcoastshaving.com (is this a well trusted site by members here?) as well as 100 derby's. I figured I'd stick to what I like but I would also like to sample different kinds of blades here and there.

John at WCS is a real stand up guy, great customer service. Getting his sample pack will allow you to find the right blade for sure.:thumbup1:

WCS is absolutely a well trusted site. I have shopped with them quite frequently. Great customer service and a nice range of supplies.

Fendrian.com is a great place they are in Ontario. Shipping to Saskatchewan is even a great price. Fast as well. Got my package in 4 days and almost anything from the usa takes ~2 weeks.

I'll chip in with my two cents worth here Antonio and say
"Buy from Fendrihan.com" - Alfred is a real gentleman and you are supporting the Ontarian economy...your patriotic duty as a Canuck!

Thank you for all the answers everyone. As you may have read I ordered a sampler from WSC although that might take a couple of weeks to get here. In the future I will look into ordering from fendrihan.com in order to fulfill my
patriotic duty as a Canuck!
:laugh:

So I finally got my sampler pack! I've got Crystals, Feathers, Derby's, Astra, and Personnas. Which ones should I bust out tomorrow for my shave?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
So I finally got my sampler pack! I've got Crystals, Feathers, Derby's, Astra, and Personnas. Which ones should I bust out tomorrow for my shave?

I would go

Derby, Personna, Crystal, Astra and Feather