What's new

Monday October 23rd - Sunday October 29th

finally became an owner of a Merkur Vision Set, got a great deal on ebay and it was delivered today. I've always wandered why these are so rare amongst B&B members? :

C&E Sandalwood Shaving Soap
C&E Sienna Shaving Soap
Simpsons Catalog :o16:
proxy.php

Austin said:
Very nice Mr. Mayor!

Thank you Austin! :biggrin1:

Here's a question for all of the Simpson's mavens out there: I have four Simpson's brushes now, three of which are labeled "Super". I also have plenty of supers / silver-tips from other manufacturers (Omega, EJ, Rooney, Kent). In all of these cases (save one) the pattern of the hair looks the same as you see in my previous posting for the Major. However, the PJ3 in that posting (labeled "Super") has dark hair right into the handle.

Is this variation normal? Did I accidentally receive a Manchurian PJ3? :biggrin1:

Thanks,
Danny

dszpiro said:
Thank you Austin! :biggrin1:

Here's a question for all of the Simpson's mavens out there: I have four Simpson's brushes now, three of which are labeled "Super". I also have plenty of supers / silver-tips from other manufacturers (Omega, EJ, Rooney, Kent). In all of these cases (save one) the pattern of the hair looks the same as you see in my previous posting for the Major. However, the PJ3 in that posting (labeled "Super") has dark hair right into the handle.

Is this variation normal? Did I accidentally receive a Manchurian PJ3? :biggrin1:

Thanks,
Danny
This seems to be the norm for Simpson brushes, a crap shoot....which kind of badger bundle will I receive this time? Maybe this just adds to the mystique.:confused:
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
This seems to be the norm for Simpson brushes, a crap shoot....which kind of badger bundle will I receive this time? Maybe this just adds to the mystic.:confused:
Cheers, DJ.

Ah well, so much for my Manchurian candidate theory. :wink:

Cheers,

Simpson Chubby 3 in Super
MaleFace Razor Bump Remedy
A&F Woods Cologne

Tonight, I also caved and put in another order to Charles at QED.

dszpiro said:
It's Simpson City and I'm the Mayor!

I think you're wrong. You're not the mayor but the MAJOR!

BTW thanks for the sequential pics of the major. Always wondered about those. :biggrin:

:biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

1.Merkur Slant

2. Simpson's B6(per Lee's recommendation and trust!)

Already planning the SOTD for tomorrow morning- that extra hour is going to come in handy!

Marty

Bought a Edwin Jagger Medium Best to replace my C&E Best, which fell in the toitet (damn cramped bathroom :mad: ) from the English Shaving Company.
While I was there I also bought
Trumper Violet and Coconut in tubes.
Two packs of Swedish Gillette blades.

Also got in the mail a 1920's Gillette NEW model which I won for $2.50 including shipping. :cool:

LedZeppelin said:
I bought letterk's 50 blade sampler and the 240 derby extras for B&B'ers from ebay. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...I don't even own a double edge razor yet. So I bought the following Gillette adjustable 1-9's from ebay. Prices include tax and S&H:

1) '63 slim from a guy in Israel $22.90
2) '71 black mesh handle from a person in Nova Scotia $16.00
3) fatboy w/case/blades/paperwork $45.15
4) fatboy w/case/blades $43.25

P.S.- I may be interested in another fatboy or two (I need fatboys for Christmas present for father and brother-in-law and courtesy score for friend. Any offers?

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Marty

Hey Danny

Really nice little brushes:biggrin:

Nice regardless of the size because as we all know.......size really doesn't matter, it's how it's used:devil:

slcsteve said:
Hey Danny

Really nice little brushes:biggrin:

Nice regardless of the size because as we all know.......size really doesn't matter, it's how it's used:devil:

Oh Steve, that hurts. :redface: Of course, now you can pick on everyone else for their little brushes. FYI, I was about 30 seconds behind you on pulling the trigger for the Coles brush. :001_tt1: Have fun!

Cheers,

Some goodies I got whilst in Charleston, SC for the weekend. The C&E shop is small, but they have a good selection. The Smoking Lamp is a great tobacco shop on East Bay Street.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom