What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap is no longer Tallow based

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I live semi arid, so I am not concerned with needing to dry out the puck given it’s ill fitting lid.
I agree the dish is poor, I often see lids with the transfer off centre. I had always thought that the lids were intentionally loose to allow the soap to dry between uses. Shulton Old Spice, Tabac, Yardley, Goya, Imperial Leather... all my soaps in their original mugs or bowls have loose fitting lids. I wonder if tighter fitting, even air tight lids, have come about as a result of soaps now often being purchased by post, or by the modern habit of using one soap less frequently, as part of a large rotation of soaps.

I agree the dish is poor, I often see lids with the transfer off centre. I had always thought that the lids were intentionally loose to allow the soap to dry between uses. Shulton Old Spice, Tabac, Yardley, Goya, Imperial Leather... all my soaps in their original mugs or bowls have loose fitting lids. I wonder if tighter fitting, even air tight lids, have come about as a result of soaps now often being purchased by post, or by the modern habit of using one soap less frequently, as part of a large rotation of soaps.
Mine lid actually rocks.
The dish opening is off-round and the lid is concaved, almost looking like a saddle when viewed straight on.

True - my Tabac dish is loose, but at least it is stackable to an extent.

Price makes more sense with the ceramic dish from an airport specialty store. Glad you were able to land at least one tallow MWF puck to experience it. It's my favorite shaving soap.

Are there local Turkish shaving soaps that you also like to use?
Exactly that is my third MWF soap in last 15 years, sad to see they changed their formula to veggie based. Only DR Harris left with tallow formula.
I like to use Derby, Arko and More for you shaving soaps in my rotation.

Top Bottom