What's new

Mitchell Leather Briefcases

All:

First a big thanks to Joel and the other Hab users who have posted about their Mitchell briefcases. Thanks to you all I've just started corresponding with David to see if we can get a briefcase put together for me. So far he's been very quick responding to emails and questions. I'm surprised (although I guess I shouldn't be!) that it is currently a SEVEN MONTH turnaround time for a new briefcase. Wow. People actually wait that long to get a briefcase? Am I going to be one of those people? :)

Quick question to all you Hab posters - does anyone else have a Mitchell bag that they haven't posted about yet? Also to those that have them, there haven't been any updates on how they've held up, aside from one update from Joel a year-ish after he first posted. I've got no problem paying for quality, I just want to be sure it's there. Anyone using the bags as a daily driver? Anyone have the messenger bag vs. the classic briefcase?

All thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

M.

I live in Milwaukee, and I see plenty of Mitchell briefcases at work in the hospital. They all look like they have held up well, and I am sure if the workmanship fails you Dave will take care of it. He is a standup guy.

Thanks for the response. I like hearing that you see them around your work and they look good. I was hoping more for a first-hand accounting of their craftsmanship. I do not doubt that they are fantastic and worth the price in some people's opinions, I'm just hoping for someone who has them to give me an update to how they're holding up. I think the last update about them was from a couple of years ago...

Again, much appreciated for your response! :)

Cheers,

M.

I can't comment on the bag holding up because I just received my Cognac Dublin Classic Briefcase four days ago. I can say that so far the bag is living up to its reputation in every way. The workmanship and quality is absolutely first rate. Being able to customize the bag to your own taste and to get Dave Mitchell's personal advice and answers to your questions really differentiates this from any other briefcase. Did you end up ordering?

According to UPS my case will be delivered tomorrow. I too ordered a Cognac Dublin Classic with the beige cream interior. It will be almost 5 months to the day when I get it and I'm certain it will have been worth the wait.

Nice. The Cognac Dublin is really great, more than I expected. I ended up getting the navy buttertan interior. I wasn't sure i would like it but it is much darker than the color on the website and I really like it. Please post your impressions after you get it.

Wow, these are beautiful. My birthday is in about a week - anyone want to pitch in for the Italian Brown Dublin Classic? I have some blades I can trade!

Goodbye old workhorse. You served me well for the last 12 years.

$IMG_20130920_130453.jpg

Say hello to Mr. Mitchell!

$IMG_20130920_112845.jpg

$IMG_20130920_112913.jpgView attachment 369650$IMG_20130920_113214.jpg$IMG_20130920_130212.jpg

Cell phone pics can't capture the beauty of this briefcase and the craftsmanship that went into making it.

I'll return with more commentary after I've carried for a month or so.

Beautiful bags guys. Personally i think it would be pretty crazy to question the longevity of a bag like these. And you know its only going to look better with age :)

Something like that is built to last for a very very very long time!

Travis.

$photo-4.jpg

Here is my Mitchell. This is a cognac dublin classic. More photos to follow in due course. It is more than was expected and the best quality. It turns heads in Gotham. Nothing compares.

I can't comment on the bag holding up because I just received my Cognac Dublin Classic Briefcase four days ago. I can say that so far the bag is living up to its reputation in every way. The workmanship and quality is absolutely first rate. Being able to customize the bag to your own taste and to get Dave Mitchell's personal advice and answers to your questions really differentiates this from any other briefcase. Did you end up ordering?

It's great to see people posting these bags. I'm definitely jealous. I enjoyed corresponding with Dave and want to order the bag like nobodies business...however...two days after I posted this question my wife told me we were expecting so I need to wait on big purchases like this until after the baby is born and we know we're O.K. with everything.

Keep posting those thoughts all and hopefully I'll be able to join you in the new year. :)

Cheers,

M.

rider4life - Congratulations on your growing family!!! Better to be prudent, and full grain leather diaper bags probably aren't the most pratical option (although you could always try to pass that one off...).

Cheers!

I still want to see what happens when you tell your wife that a Mitchell bag will work GREAT as a diaper bag...

Top Bottom