What's new

Mild Balm (doesn’t smell “old”)?

I tried Proraso aftershave yesterday and it not only smells like an old person but the minty-smelling fumes burned my eyes.

Can someone recommend a highly regarded moisturizing and soothing balm instead?

I would suggest Stirling in a scent you think sounds appealing. Maybe unscented? Also, you could look at Proraso white if you liked the feel, but not the smell.

Nivea sensitive skin is pretty awesome and the scent is very mild and dissipates quickly. You can buy a bottle at the grocery or drug store for about 15 dollars. A little goes a long way, start with a penny size.

Nivea sensitive skin is pretty awesome and the scent is very mild and dissipates quickly. You can buy a bottle at the grocery or drug store for about 15 dollars. A little goes a long way, start with a penny size.
This is what I ended up going with and it has worked well. I purchased it as a set with Nivea shaving gel for sensitive skin. So far, their gel outperforms TOBS and Proraso by a wide margin.

There is a Proraso White variety and the Green version. I'm not sure which one you tried, but the White might be more of a youthful scent. Nivea is fairly modern. Another option is just an unscented face moisturizer like Cerave that is good for people with sensitive skin.

Remember, old people are people too! 🧓

A month late, but it's never too late to take care of your skin. My favorite mild smelling balm is Elvado Woodland Reserve Aftershave Lotion. Keeps my skin feeling moisturized and plump all day and well into the night.
20231025SOTD2.jpg

Top Bottom