What's new

Merkur Super Platinum...AND...GO!!

Merkur Super Platinum DE blades...what bade would you compare them to. How would you rate them from 1 to 5, 1 being mild and 5 being most aggressive. How durable are they. I know "YMMV". Just want different member's personal opinions.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I think of two things when it comes to blades. Smoothness and Sharpness. Mild and aggressive apply more to razors in my mind.

But anyway, I tried one pack of Merkur blades a long time ago and thought they were acceptably smooth and sharp but the price was more than I needed to pay to get a blade that was as good or better so I never bought any more of them.

I think of two things when it comes to blades. Smoothness and Sharpness. Mild and aggressive apply more to razors in my mind.

But anyway, I tried one pack of Merkur blades a long time ago and thought they were acceptably smooth and sharp but the price was more than I needed to pay to get a blade that was as good or better so I never bought any more of them.
I haven't tried it yet. My current options are dorco, 1 merkur super platinum, and a vintage set of Gillette super platinum. The dorco work fair for me and the gillette are me alive. Just curious to see how the Merkur will perform.

What other blades at a lesser price point would you say are on part with the Merkur blade?

Merkurs are the most expensive new DE blades I can think of so really anything will be cheaper :)

Seriously, blades are a very individual thing. Best advice I got was to buy a sampler of as many different blades as I could find/afford and try them all. What I like, you may not and the only way to tell what you'll like is to try them out.

Merkurs are the most expensive new DE blades I can think of so really anything will be cheaper :)

Seriously, blades are a very individual thing. Best advice I got was to buy a sampler of as many different blades as I could find/afford and try them all. What I like, you may not and the only way to tell what you'll like is to try them out.
I agree. What I'm trying to ascertain is this...if I like this blade then what options are comparable to it.

Merkur blades seem a little rough from the wrapper in my experience and not crazy sharp. I find them expensive as well.

Top Bottom