What's new

Merkur progress grip fix

I love my progress and my razorock Halo, with an exception to the lack of any sort of grip. My solution was simple, o-rings. It functions great on both, it would look cool on the stainless Halo. I believe you can get different colors if black isn't your thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20231123_203729802.jpg
    IMG_20231123_203729802.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
True, that would eliminate the need to occasionally take them off and clean the handle. On the razorock they sit in the grooves and seal them off so no issues there. And the feel and grip with them spaced out like that is fantastic.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Years ago there was a member here who used a rubber dip for grip. Maybe plasti-dip or another.
Just make sure to plug the hole so you can get the knob back. :facep:

1700854846353.png

I'm going to have to try that, on my Progress. I've thought about rubber bands, but O-rings are way classier, and easier to keep clean.

Thanks --

. Charles

I'm going to have to try that, on my Progress. I've thought about rubber bands, but O-rings are way classier, and easier to keep clean.

Thanks --

. Charles
It has honestly worked fantastically, they don't move around at all which is what I originally thought would be an issue and the square of the handle is still left intact. If you message me your address I can send you some, I have a bunch. you can also order them on Amazon, I forgot the size, I will measure when I get home. You could go a little bit smaller and they would fit even tighter.

I'd like to try this if you would kindly share the size or the source
My apologies on the late response, the ones I have you can get on Amazon here:
uxcell Nitrile Rubber O-Rings 14mm OD 10mm ID 2mm Width, Metric Sealing Gasket for Automotive Machine Plumbing, Pack of 20 Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/1d7Usvw
But I think it would work even better if you got slightly smaller:
uxcell Nitrile Rubber O-Rings 10mm OD 6mm ID 2mm Width, Metric Sealing Gasket for Automotive Machine Plumbing, Pack of 200 Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/9zgOI7j

Top Bottom