What's new

Maseto brushes

I saw a few of these online and they seem interesting. Looks like you can get a Simpson quality brush for 50 bucks. Anybody bought one of these? I really don't need anymore brushes but I can't resist at that price. They have an ebony with a 30mm knot that I am envying.

I also have a 2 band from them, barberpole handle imitating horn (they call them 'Memphis' if I recall correctly).
Excellent brush for the money, dense, good backbone and very pretty too.

8863879be72f4131a8c4855b83d45cfd.jpg

The 30mm 2-Band knots are superb; great backbone with very soft tips! Very comparable to higher end brushes like Shavemac and Thater. Highly recommend them.

As cheap as they are it may be worth the wait. I worry about buying out of China. I know most knots come from China anyway.

I got one of the 2-band Finest Atlanta from BST here from someone who only used it a couple of times. I'm loving it, but I really don't have another badger to compare it to.

The 30mm 2-Band knots are superb; great backbone with very soft tips! Very comparable to higher end brushes like Shavemac and Thater. Highly recommend them.
I'm getting one if Celestino endorses them! You've never steered me wrong, Celestino!

I have decided for a Maseto in Horn,
Knot 30 mm Finest Badger in Fanshape
Loft 48 mm
Handle height 48 mm
The hair quality is really top, uncanny soft tips with sufficient backbone make this brush a real pleasure.
proxy.php

proxy.php

The only bad part from what I have read is the month wait it takes to get one

proxy.php
I purchased the 30mm 2-Band Finest knot in Beehive handle (ivory) style on Aug 17; it did not arrive until 26 Sept but the wait has been worth it. Comes securely packed and wrapped in a paper box. The brush is wrapped in a branded wrapping paper also.

For $53, this brush is a winner. The hair is coarse when dry, but silky smooth wet and when applying lather. Excellent flow through and face feel-I didn't detect any scritch but the softness isn't flimsy (if that makes sense). This brush has made me realize why I love badger and have relegated the synths to an occasional use.

The next time I order, I will be picking up at least 2 more-their silvertip fan shape 30mm in horn and their finest fan shape 30mm in ebony. (Once you have 3 of something, it's a collection.)

marty

Can anyone compare the maseto brushes to the whipped dog, golden nib, or the vintage blades brushes ?

Maseto knots tend to be denser and more consistent in terms of hair type from batch to batch. I only have experience with their 2 band though.

I have several and can’t recomend them enough for the price. It usually takes about 2 weeks for me to receive a brush on the east coast.

I also have a 2 band from them, barberpole handle imitating horn (they call them 'Memphis' if I recall correctly).
Excellent brush for the money, dense, good backbone and very pretty too.

View attachment 825708

I really really like the look of this brush but I'm torn between a finest and a silvertip knot by Maseto Shaving.

I lather in a bowl, but lately I face lather more and more and liking it. I mostly use soaps and my current Shavemac sometimes feels like it has a bit too little backbone. I like soft tips and I don't like scritchy or scrubby brushes as my skin gets irritated quickly.

Which one would you advise, please? Finest or Silvertip?

Top Bottom