What's new

GIVEAWAY! MASAMUNE NODACHI CLOSED COMB

Congratulations @T_Bone! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on what ends up being your sweet spot. I have a Masamune and have trialed a Nodachi. Both are great in their own right. The Nodachi was beautiful razor.

The Nodachi OC plate arrived today, and the Captain's generosity didn't stop with the plate, he included a couple of nice samples of his soap and splash.

IMG_3686.jpeg

I hadn't shaved yet so I had my first shave with the plate (plus Captain's Choice lime soap and island time splash) this afternoon. Paired with my Nodachi cap and a Nacet, it's remarkably efficient, more so than the Masamune plate, which itself is surprisingly efficient given its neutral exposure.

It's just 1 shave so far, but I do prefer the CC Nodachi to the OC version. This isn't surprising, for whatever reason I've always preferred a safety bar to OC when given both options. I'm going to give the CC plates a few more shaves to confirm this, but I suspect that 1 of 2 things will end up happening: (1) I'll find that the Masamune plate with this cap is about right and the full Nodachi is too aggressive for me; or (2) I'll decide to buy or trade for a Masamune cap, in which case this Nodachi CC will most likely be my plate of choice. I tend to prefer mid-aggression razors, so while the full Nodachi may end up being a bridge too far for me as well, I highly doubt that a full Masamune would be efficient enough. This was a really nice close shave though, but whew! My first time ever using an alcohol-based splash, and it let me know that I need to be a little more gentle with this razor! I do love the Island Time scent though!! 🏝️😎

In any case, whichever combo I eventually settle on, thank you, @Captain Pre-Capsize, for your kindness, I really appreciate the chance to try it out and compare. It's gentlemen such as yourself that make B&B such a great place. I'll enjoy the trial process, and will also enjoy paying a plate forward when I'm done.

Top Bottom