What's new

Martin De Candre - where to buy?

The 50g soap including delivery is E28.50. Not too bad.
The one in the wooden bowl looks wonderful, but with no lid doesnt it dry out?

thanks for the links guys!

I have the one in the wooden bowl and according to the lass in the MdC shop where I bought it, it does not need a lid and it won't dry out. I've only been using it a month but it seems OK so far.

Another soap I need to try :( I have two years worth of soap already but this stuff looks awesome, must resist until after Christmas.

No, it's a soap, they don't dry out.

Thanks, everytime I see photos of the MDC it looks like a frothy cream.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to trying this sometime next year when I have used up some of my other supplies.

I was just going to order some and what they do is initially state that shipping is $7.95 for a $45 jar of 170 gr. product. total was $51.00
Then when you put in all your info it changes it to a product price of $37.00 and shipping of $22.00 for a total of $59.

The 170 gr.. size is really the way to go. $.26 per gr compared to $.60 for the 50gr. size. Still expensive no matter how you look at it.

Yes. Click on 'Systempay'. You will choose your card type and then be prompted to enter your payment information.

I entered my information but the payment was rejected. Trust me, the credit card is good. I tried three times with a MC and same result. I just wasn't sure if there was another way to pay for the order.... but it sounds like I'm trying to do it the way everyone else does.... but it's just not working.

Ben

I entered my information but the payment was rejected. Trust me, the credit card is good. I tried three times with a MC and same result. I just wasn't sure if there was another way to pay for the order.... but it sounds like I'm trying to do it the way everyone else does.... but it's just not working.

Ben

Maybe it's a problem with your bank. Have you tried to call your the bank that issued your cards to see why your card was declined? The charge probably looks suspicious being a foreign transaction.

Maybe it's a problem with your bank. Have you tried to call your the bank that issued your cards to see why your card was declined? The charge probably looks suspicious being a foreign transaction.

You might be right. Now that you mention it.... I had to do that once before. With a different card and an Italian website. I'll try that.

Ben

I had exactly this same problem with Visa a couple of months ago. They declined it as a suspicious foreign transaction. A chat with credit card customer service took care of it.

Yeay!!! It finally worked. I gave up last night.... it was late. I called the credit card and they said that there was no problem on their end but that systempay couldn't recognize the 3 digit security code on the card. I tried again and no luck.... so I gave up for the night and went to bed. This evening I tried again.... with a different card and it worked. Got a jar of unscented and a jar of scented on the way. Can't wait.... this has been on my list forever. Ever since I was a lurker around here all I can remember seeing was guys raving about this stuff.

Ben

Yeay!!! It finally worked. I gave up last night.... it was late. I called the credit card and they said that there was no problem on their end but that systempay couldn't recognize the 3 digit security code on the card. I tried again and no luck.... so I gave up for the night and went to bed. This evening I tried again.... with a different card and it worked. Got a jar of unscented and a jar of scented on the way. Can't wait.... this has been on my list forever. Ever since I was a lurker around here all I can remember seeing was guys raving about this stuff.

Ben

You won't like it. When you receive the box, just go ahead and put my address on it and forward it via regular post and I'll dispose of it in an environmentally sensitive manner. Please, no thanks are necessary. It's just what we do for one another.

On the other hand, if you do decide to try it and like it, then welcome to club. It's the Club of Discerning Gentleman Unafraid of Throwing Money Away on Postage. It's not terribly exclusive, but we get great shaves.
oake

Top Bottom