What's new

Marathon Watches - ABOUT TIME

For the military watch enthusiasts in the crowd, Marathon Watch is now selling their entire line of issue watches direct. As I understand it, their biggest customers (US and Canadian military) are no longer issuing watches, so this probably amounts to survival mode.

For many years, these were for all practical purposes, unobtainable here in the country where they are made. I just ordered the basic wind-up field watch that I had issued to me back when the earth was cooling.

Best,

- John

CountyComm sells them as well, their prices may be cheaper.

They might be. The original point is, the watches designed and built in Canada were not available in Canada. While the folks running Countycomm are nice enough, they do not ship to Canada.
I ran across the same situation ordering some DVDs made by the BBC. The prices directly from BBC are more expensive both in item and shipping than buying the same dvds from Amazon Canada.
Also, a quick comparison from Countycomm on a couple of items shows the price difference varies quite a bit and with the current exchange rate, there is little difference.

If you want a genuine military spec watch, there they are.

Best,
- John

It's very doubtful the watches were built in Canada. I used to have the auto diver and its Swiss made. Probably made in a contract factory somewhere and marketed by Marathon.

Top Bottom