What's new

Maggard's Shaving Soaps

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Someone to post a lathered up brush, please? And, for those who own the Limes & Bergamot, how exactly is the scent? Strong, pure and fragranced with EO? Also, is the Lime dominant? Thanks.

Jason, as to lightness of the scent of the Fougere Sauvage, would you say it is as light as D.R. Harris Almond? Or MWF? Anything you can compare it to? And how did it lather and shave? Thanks!!!

I haven't used either of those soaps unfortunately. I have close to forty soaps now and the Fougere Sauvage is by far the lightest, faintest scent of them all. The lather is just like the other Maggard's soaps which is to say it is very slick and creamy. The lather is very similar to the new Razorock tallow soaps if you've tried those.

Someone to post a lathered up brush, please? And, for those who own the Limes & Bergamot, how exactly is the scent? Strong, pure and fragranced with EO? Also, is the Lime dominant? Thanks.

I will post a picture when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it but I find the lather to be exactly the same as the new Razorock soaps. Upon opening the Limes and Bergamot all you will get is the lime. Once you lather the soap the bergamot comes through and adds a certain spiciness to the fragrance.

I haven't used either of those soaps unfortunately. I have close to forty soaps now and the Fougere Sauvage is by far the lightest, faintest scent of them all. The lather is just like the other Maggard's soaps which is to say it is very slick and creamy. The lather is very similar to the new Razorock tallow soaps if you've tried those.
The reason I ask is that everyone's sense of smell seems so different. Just saw a comment in another thread about how light smelling he thought Pre de Provence was, and I find it very strong.

The reason I ask is that everyone's sense of smell seems so different. Just saw a comment in another thread about how light smelling he thought Pre de Provence was, and I find it very strong.

I understand completely. It's definitely a subjective thing.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I will post a picture when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it but I find the lather to be exactly the same as the new Razorock soaps. Upon opening the Limes and Bergamot all you will get is the lime. Once you lather the soap the bergamot comes through and adds a certain spiciness to the fragrance.

I love citrusy fragrances, especially Lime. This soap is going to be a complete novelty for me because I've never had a Bergamot soap and it's also the very first one I get from this US Artisan. Thanks Jason.

And thank you Bob for the link.

I love citrusy fragrances, especially Lime. This soap is going to be a complete novelty for me because I've never had a Bergamot soap and it's also the very first one I get from this US Artisan. Thanks Jason.

And thank you Bob for the link.

My pleasure Sir. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your first American croap.

Lather pics of Limes and Bergamot. It's a very slick, creamy lather.

$uploadfromtaptalk1404256849373.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1404256859199.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1404256864655.jpg

Marco,

I have several Lime scents and this is by far my favorite as it has depth and longevity. If you are going to try the Limes and Bergamot, I would also recommend the Mango Sage Tea as it has a wonderfully unique scent as well as the lathering consistency as the rest of the Maggard croaps.

Marco,

I have several Lime scents and this is by far my favorite as it has depth and longevity. If you are going to try the Limes and Bergamot, I would also recommend the Mango Sage Tea as it has a wonderfully unique scent as well as the lathering consistency as the rest of the Maggard croaps.

Opinions vary I guess. The Mango Sage Tea is too overpoweringly MANGO. Reminds me of something you'd find in Bath & Bodyworks. Not an offensive smell at all but definitely a lot of it.

Opinions vary I guess. The Mango Sage Tea is too overpoweringly MANGO. Reminds me of something you'd find in Bath & Bodyworks. Not an offensive smell at all but definitely a lot of it.

I thought that the Mango Sage Tea was really very pleasant (although strong) and not that "off the rack" scent. I used it this morning and covered it with Speick AS. The lather and slickness was consistent with the other Maggard offerings. YMMV, when it comes to scents.

I thought that the Mango Sage Tea was really very pleasant (although strong) and not that "off the rack" scent. I used it this morning and covered it with Speick AS. The lather and slickness was consistent with the other Maggard offerings. YMMV, when it comes to scents.

Agreed, all four of their scents have wonderful lather.

Agreed, all four of their scents have wonderful lather.

Bloozepicker,

They have five, if you haven't tried all of them. The last one I have left to try is the Fougere Sauvage. It smells pleasant.

Lilac
Limes and Bergamot
Menthol Orange
Mango Sage Tea
Fougere Sauvage

Bloozepicker,

They have five, if you haven't tried all of them. The last one I have left to try is the Fougere Sauvage. It smells pleasant.

Lilac
Limes and Bergamot
Menthol Orange
Mango Sage Tea
Fougere Sauvage

Right, I didn't buy the Lilac as I'm not a huge fan of flowery scents. The Fougere Sauvage is the lightest scents of the four I have. It's not unpleasant but the scent doesn't wow me either. The lather, once again, is on par with the other soaps from Maggard's.

Tried the Mango Sage Tea tonight... incredible lather, great scent, great shave. This was from a sample and I will definitely be buying a jar. With all these great artisan soaps available, the TOBS and some others aren't smelling so great to me now. I may be moving some of my big brand soaps soon!

Weber PH/ Wilkinson
Semogue Mistura
Speick After Lotion

Ahh finally found a description of the Fougere scent... I think I will have to try the Lilacs before I try the Fougere

I had my first shave with Maggards Limes and Bergamot. The scent is fabulous, and the performance was very good - slick, good cushioning and easy to lather once I figured out that I couldn't load it into a twist-up tube to apply directly to my face.

I also ordered samples of their Orange Menthol and Fougere, and look forward to trying them out. Now if they would only make a coconut scent...

Top Bottom