What's new

Maestro Livi 6/8 - African Ebony

Hi all,

Here's my latest acquisition, freshly arrived from Maestro Livi via Vincent Schwager this morning. :drool:

It's one of his 'entry level' re-grind 6/8 blades in carbon steel, with round point, worked back, dismantleable pivot, and African Ebony wood scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It shaves like a dream straight out of the box, easily up there with the best carbon/INOX steel razors I've tried so far. It really is very good indeed, especially for the price (£140). The only negative (if you can call it that) point is that I suspect the dismantleable pivot will be liable to work loose in time, but I plan to put a dab of Loctite (thread locking compound) inside when I get chance.

I'd like to thank Vincent for his help getting me exactly the razor I wanted, and of course thank Maestro Livi for a great piece of work as always. :thumbup:

If you live in the USA then Lynn is the person to speak to if you fancy one of these, as he's the official importer. But if you're in the UK (like me) or possibly Europe too, then check these out at Vincent's shop http://shaveshop.co.uk/index.php?cPath=23_36.

Remeber there were only 200 blanks so when they're gone they're gone. :smile:

I was just getting these out of my mind. I have a birthday coming up and have appealed to the Mrs. for one of these. I doubt I'll be so lucky, though. Sounds like you're enjoying yours.

I don't suppose these wilt when faced with a coarse beard, do they...?

Welcome to the Re-grind club. I am new to straight razors but mine has made the learning process all the more easy. They are super razors and great value for money. Don’t forget there are only 200 available so if you want one, I should get in there quick. I am considering getting a second.....wife willing?

William:thumbup:

Top Bottom