What's new

Macy's Shaving Selection

I stopped into Macy's Chicago this past Saturday, and I was surprised by the selection of shaving gear. It's somewhat spread out, but most of it is contained in the Merz Apothecary section. Art of Shaving has a large section to themselves, and the fragrance section carries the T&H and a few others. After my visit, I'd say it's the best variety of brands in Chicago, but they didn't have all the fragrances. The Truefitt and Hill store a few blocks North had fewer brands(Mostly T&H, but several others), but all the fragrances.

Here's a list of what I can remember at Macy's:
Merkur
Proraso
Trumpers
Tabac
Speick
Caswell & Massey
Musgo Real
Sharpes
Jack Black
Art of Shaving
Truefitt and Hill
Muehle Pinsel
Tom's of Maine

They had several brushes including a cool travel brush, but I didn't look to see what manufacturers besides MP. They also had shaving mugs and stands.

The most interesting thing was a brand called Santa Maria Novella. They have some really expensive shaving cream($48) and soaps. I've never heard of them before, but aparently they've been around a while. I was fascinated by the packaging that looks straight out of 1920s. Anyone had any experience?

I'm planning to stop by the actual Merz Apothecary store on the north side of Chicago soon. Their website lists a few of the brands I saw, but not all of them.

the Merz is a great store.

also carried there:

Royall line of fragrances
Pino Silvestre
Nivea shave cream in a tube
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Woods of Windsor
Provence Sante (the entire shaving line + bath soaps)
Pre de Provence (entire shaving line)
eShave

The T&H actually has a nice collection of "higher-end" stuff, including Castle Forbes.

Wow, they had Speick? Was it shave cream or after shave? Same question on the Tabac. I wouldn't have thought Macy's would have had that much stuff. I'll have to visit my local Macy's in the North Dallas area.

Thanks for letting us know.

Wow, they had Speick? Was it shave cream or after shave? Same question on the Tabac. I wouldn't have thought Macy's would have had that much stuff. I'll have to visit my local Macy's in the North Dallas area.

Thanks for letting us know.

All the speick stuff is available: soap stick, cream, as splash, as cream, edc, edc spray.....and including bath soaps, body wash, all the deodorants.

Tabac: edc, as splash, soap refill

Note: this used to be a Marshall Field's. Just recently acquired by mother Macy

I believe the selection is mostly due to the Merz Apothecary which looks like a local operation, so I'm not sure all Macy's will have them.

Santa Maria Novella colognes are made by monks since the 1600s. They started making products in the 1200s. Truly an ancient line. I have had several of their colognes in the past and they are very nice indeed. I have not tried their shave creams.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Damn! I can't even get a decent pair of socks at my local Macy's.:blink:

I doubt my macy's has anything like that. I know my local nordstroms has some stuff besides AoS, but not nearly as much as what you listed your macy's has.

I'll have to go check it out later and see what they have...

M

modern man

i had no idea macy's was soo cool

ha im gonna go and my wife will be thrilled (ill make her think i just wanna spend time with her shopping :001_wub: but we know the truth)

My local Macy's has only fragrances. Perhaps I should take another look the next time I'm out that way.

I have a Macy's @ the mall (that was formally a Hecht's) and it's only 10 minutes away- now I must make a stop in there because as we all know

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Marty

The Macy's in Chicago has many botque (sp) stores within it. Marz is a local Chicago store with a branck in Macy's on state street. Their website is smallflower. They carry alot of stuf to much to list. They are a local connection for MP and Trumper.A great place.

Thanks, I will have to go check out my local Macy's. But, I already have an idea that they won't have even half of that stuff.

Tim

I've only ever seen Lab Series and the typical dept store fragrances at the Macy's around here. I think the boutique-style Macys (Chicago, NYC...) are more likely to have the stuff to which you refer, as opposed to the standard Federated (or formerly MayCo) Macy's in malls across America, sadly.

I was in Macy's last night. I had SWMBO with me. I never even looked at shaving products. I found 2 nice IZOD shirts at 50% off. I'll have to go back ALONE and check out the shaving supplies.:wink2:

Keep in mind that recently stores, around Chicago, formerly known as Marshal Fields were renamed Macy's. Even with the Macy's name, they still have some former Fields inventory, including Frango Mints. <yummy> The store on State Street was Field's flagship store for decades.

In this case, YMMV really applies!

Peace,
Jim

Top Bottom