What's new

Looking for Menthol

IMG_1548.jpeg

This is my go-to for a Jackass-style menth-head experience. Not an everyday thing, but fantastic when in the mood.

I don't much care for true menthol, but some of the artificial cooling agents are great. If you are looking for cold rather than cold + menthol scent then I recommend Summer Break's Icy Stare.

Stirling Shave Soap… I like the Glacial “lemon Chill” soap, balm and witch hazel… first couple times your face will have freeze burn, but once your used to it it’s awesome. Can’t say enough good things about the witch hazel!

All the Fine Accoutrements aftershaves have a solid dose of menthol, but of course Snakebite is all menthol! As others have mentioned, anything from Stirling that has the word "arctic" in it. Boom! And an honorable mention to WSP (Wet Shaving Products) cooling aftershave (scented to order).

All the Fine Accoutrements aftershaves have a solid dose of menthol, but of course Snakebite is all menthol! As others have mentioned, anything from Stirling that has the word "arctic" in it. Boom! And an honorable mention to WSP (Wet Shaving Products) cooling aftershave (scented to order).
Just ordered some of the peppermint cooling balm from WSP

I have 13 of the Stirling aftershaves. All of them had menthol added to them at my request. You are not limited to the "arctic" varieties. Costs 50 cents more.

I like the stirling products a lot, love the menthol witch hazel

I’m hoping the WSP Cooling balm with peppermint scent is an ok replacement for the Hydrolast A/S Balm I used to get. That stuff was pricey but the best balm I’ve ever used

You can always use menthol crystals to add as desired, but be careful not to overdo it "menthol in high doses is irritating"
I once had a bottle of Couto (Portuguese), although the menthol kick didn't seem any stronger than that of Proraso Green, menthol crystals collected at the bottom of the bottle. Even intensive daily shaking did not dissolve them.
In other words, it is not enough to simply add menthol crystals, the base of the water must be the right one. Couto's is not.

I once had a bottle of Couto (Portuguese), although the menthol kick didn't seem any stronger than that of Proraso Green, menthol crystals collected at the bottom of the bottle. Even intensive daily shaking did not dissolve them.
In other words, it is not enough to simply add menthol crystals, the base of the water must be the right one. Couto's is not.
It also depends on the quality of the crystals...never had problems with the solubility of the crystals

My guess was that the alcohol content was too low.
I didn't realize that there are different qualities of menthol crystals. How can I tell the difference between good and poor quality?

Top Bottom