What's new

Looking for Menthol

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for heavily menthol forward aftershaves. They don't have to have a fragrance. The only aftershave that has that wake me up menthol to it that I have is Furbo Blu Vintage aftershave.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for heavily menthol forward aftershaves. They don't have to have a fragrance. The only aftershave that has that wake me up menthol to it that I have is Furbo Blu Vintage aftershave.

One way is to get some menthol crystals. They will dissolve in alcohol based aftershaves. This way, you can just use your favorite aftershave. Don't add a lot all at once, though, you can't take it back out. It may take some time for the crystals to dissolve, also.

One way is to get some menthol crystals. They will dissolve in alcohol based aftershaves. This way, you can just use your favorite aftershave. Don't add a lot all at once, though, you can't take it back out. It may take some time for the crystals to dissolve, also.
This is the way. It's like $10 for 4oz of menthol crystals on Amazon, and that should be enough to last a while. You can dissolve them in alcohol-based aftershaves directly, but what I do is dissolve them in straight 99% IPA and add that solution 4-5 drops at a time to the AS in my hand immediately before applying it to my face. I don't have a recipe for this per se, I just mix a ton of crystals into 4 fl oz of alcohol and try it out. If it needs more, I add more. If it's too concentrated, I just use it anyway, but maybe a little more sparingly. You can get dropper bottles on Amazon very similar to the little stubby 100ml AS bottles that everyone uses.

You can also put some of the menthol crystals in a pepper grinder to easily add it to soap. Menthol crystals are the way to go. I put that crap in almost everything.

Figaro Bluice

9240B35C-3CA1-4C85-9D7D-68FADBFB093E.jpeg

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Sounds like something I'd like. I'm currently working through Stirlings menthol unscented balm, PAA STAR JELLY menthol unscented, and a little Baxter of California.

Well the most menthol forward after shave that I know of is the Pinaud Jeris Osage Rub. It is strong enough to bring tears to my eyes.
Well the most menthol forward after shave that I know of is the Pinaud Jeris Osage Rub. It is strong enough to bring tears to my eyes.
As a lover of strong menthols I can confirm Pinaud Jeris Osage Rub has a nice hit of menthol if it competes with its European counterpart Myrsol Formula K

You can always use menthol crystals to add as desired, but be careful not to overdo it "menthol in high doses is irritating"

As a lover of strong menthols I can confirm Pinaud Jeris Osage Rub has a nice hit of menthol if it competes with its European counterpart Myrsol Formula K

Osage Rub is very strong. I think originally it was more of a hair tonic applied after haircuts at the barbershop. The smell is somewhat medicinal.

I'll sometimes use it mixed with another aftershave. That gives it some of the skin conditioning ingredients it doesn't have on its own, and tones down the menthol.

You can make a passable aftershave using Osage Rub mixed with some witch hazel and a few drops of vegetable glycerin. Proportions are up to you.

Osage Rub is very strong. I think originally it was more of a hair tonic applied after haircuts at the barbershop. The smell is somewhat medicinal.

I'll sometimes use it mixed with another aftershave. That gives it some of the skin conditioning ingredients it doesn't have on its own, and tones down the menthol.

You can make a passable aftershave using Osage Rub mixed with some witch hazel and a few drops of vegetable glycerin. Proportions are up to you.
Thanks for the advice Sir
Usually when I want a strong effect I use it normally, lately I've been mixing Osage rub with Mennen Skin bracer in equal parts "Bootlegger's Green Freeze" very good
I am a lover of strong menthols, I can also add menthol crystals in Floid
😁

Top Bottom