What's new

Looking for Full sized Shavette

Hello, I am originally looking for the made in Italy universal shavette but it seems its out of stock anywhere and out of production. Are there any better alternatives? I didn't really like my Parker SR1 because it small for my hands. Again I am mainly looking for full sized shavettes that as big as a regular straights

I'm not aware of any shavettes that are as big as a straight. I have the Parket SR1 (meh), the Feather AC folding-style (awesome), and a Thiers Issard straight. The TI is much heavier and has a longer blade than the Feather, but when I want the straight experience, I most often reach for the Feather. It is kind of light weight, and a little smaller, but I get better results from it (which is probably because I don't use the TI as much). I tried the Feather kamisori style, then bought the folding. The kamisori is also great, and something I'd like to get some day.

Wecks are as close as you get to a real straight. The blade measures about 2 1/2" and the Sextoblade has a full size scales and blade holder. The Personna hair shaper blades that fit the Weck razors are the best shaving blade around compared to any SE, DE and even straights. The Weck type hair shapers are shorter, but shaves just as well.

If you want it like a straight and full size the Weck Sextoblade is my recommendation. It has the feel and balance of a real straight and the one I have has scales like a traditional straight.

Here is a pic of the Weck Sextoblade that I used today. As mentioned above - scales like a straight, size like a straight and the thumbnotch is shallow, but it allows a nice firm hold on the razor when in use:

attachment.php

Black and ivory scaled examples are both classy - they also do funky green and red scales and for the US Navy MDs, there was an all stainless version:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Couple more examples so you get the idea. There are attachments so you can have a safety bar or open comb experience if you like, but it is best as a straight.

$DSC00878.jpg$DSC00885.jpg

Thank you for the recommendation guys. I honestly don't think I can use a Sextoblade. Even though I had little experience with straights and shavettes, those exposed blades from wecks really makes me uncomfortable lol. I decided just to go with Universal Shavette since I read somewhere here that it has a good weight to it almost similar to a Straight. Plus I already bought myself over 200 Feather DE blades.

Top Bottom