What's new

Looking for autumn and winter A/S fragrance suggestions

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Question... do you sell pre-blended? Or are you passing along the recipe?

Passing along the recipe. While I don't try to profit from it, it smells good enough to buy. :)

I'm not sure I want to purchase the individual ingredients.

Well, let's see here,

Clubman Special Reserve- $7.95 for 6 oz West Coast Shaving
Clubman Vanilla- $7.95 for 6 oz West Coast Shaving
Dana English Leather- $7.98 3.4 oz Walmart

This math suggests, you can have a whopping 15.4 oz of Bootlegger's El Dorado (lifetime supply by the way) for the meager sum of $23.88.

Now, look around for other woody type aftershaves with comparable scent, Larger Manufacturer, Artisan, or otherwise; and see what you will pay for 3.3 ounces. I guess it all comes down to what you are willing to do, or not do; and what you are willing to spend, or not spend.

Either way you decide to do it, you will still end up with a excellent and wonderful woody, manly and sophisticated aftershave. Those who go thru the trouble of getting the ingredients, will just have alot more of it. :)

English Leather has a very nice woodsy scent that I enjoy wearing in the fall/winter months. You can find it in Walmart for $8 for a 3.4 ounce bottle.

Proraso's newer balms are perfect for autumn and winter - Cypress & Vetiver (fall)....and Wood & Spice (winter)... they're both fantastic.

Cypress & Vetiver is like a wet grassy field on a cool foggy morning.

Wood & Spice is like woody spicy magic in a bottle, It's something special i can't properly describe, you just have to smell it for yourself. It's kinda like being in an antique shop or a small church or an old timey country store, very unique.

Last edited:
So I had things narrowed down to a about four that sounded like what I had in mind plus a few other outside of the box like Bootlegger's El Dorado that I would have to make at home... and here's where I am in the process as of today.

The WSP Spruce Up sounds great but it's a blind buy of a special order AS... maybe later
Tallow & Steel Boreal sounds good but again there are no sample options and it is a water based product where I prefer the alcohol burn.
Captain's Choice North is available in a sample pack of all their frags from CC or individually from Maggard's and so I will probably get one of these in the near future

Stirling Ozark as is turn out I have in a balm, I said at the beginning I have a lot of aftershaves. It's in their old brown plastic 2 oz bottle.... and its smells is exactly like what I'm after so I ordered up a new bottle of the alcohol splash and if the wife likes it I may order the EdT too.

I'm also considering taking on OkieStubbles plan and ordering a few different bottle and mixing up some stuff at home as well.

DR Harris Marlborough might have Sandalwood but to my nose it’s very subtle and I get more fresh cedar/sweet wood notes. It does contain some menthol which I don’t care for. I have a brand new bottle of it that I’m going to put on BST this week. PM me if you’re interested. It’s good stuff but I do prefer the straight Sandalwood and trying to thin the herd of woodsy AS.

Just a note to wrap this thread up...

I went with Stirling Ozark Mountain AS Splash... plus a sample of Coniferous in the Witch Hazel & Aloe. The Coniferous was a bit more lumber yard than I was looking for but the Ozark Mountain was just the ticket for me.

So, I have too many aftershaves according to my wife, but I have the itch to add at least one more. Problem is I don't know which one, only an idea of what I would like, so I am asking you fine folks for some suggestions.

But first some parameters...

NO: Sandalwood, tobacco, fougère, musk, lavender, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange, bay rum, Old Spice or V&R Spice Bomb.

YES: Pine or woodsy, but with a resinous quality, not the Home Depot lumber department.

There must be a perfect one so please help me find something awesome!

The scent you are describing is Siberian Fir. Look for products that contain this essential oil. The good ones will be very light. The strong ones will get too much pine sol industrial scent.
MM879

Top Bottom