What's new

Looking for a good Poker

Thanks for sharing Price! I was around back then and wish I would have pulled the trigger!

Do you find yourself reaching for the Tinsky much? How does it smoke? Is that the dark coral?

Thanks!

It is dark coral. Looks great, feels great in hand. I wouldn't say that I reach for it much more than most others, but that is simply a product of having too many pipes. I will say this - it is very well engineered (as is every Tinsky I own), and it has never disappointed. If I had $200 and was looking for my first poker, Mark Tinsky would be the first person I would contact.

As far as the naked Briar go , I've bought two . A Pot colored nicely and survived , and I think it was a Dublin , it didn't (bad briar burn out , my one and only) , I break a Pipe in Not filling them up , like 1/4 - 1/2 for several smokes , then add and get the cake building , no fast hot puffing , but the bad spot was in the chamber , unnoticeable , burned and cracked . Oh well it happens . Shocked me at the time !

I took a pic , the stem doesn't look like this , it's like an Oscar Stem ...

View attachment 637303

I think they were like $25 or something , and I believe I bought them from Pipes&Cigars . I wanted to see how they'd color . I have a couple of System Pipes and a few Savinelli balsa filter Pipes , but I don't use filters , and wouldn't buy another messy filter Pipe . I normally don't have the moisture problem , but if I do I just put a cleaner in , tamp it , and it stops .
Savinelli Series III pipes.

Alright fellas, in honor of IPSD 2016 I pulled the trigger on this tonight: $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456030352.354944.jpg

Thanks to all for the help and advice...figured I couldn't go wrong with a Tinsky...went with the Tamper as well!!

Top Bottom