What's new

Looking at buying some American Optical Pilot Glasses.

Okay, the AO's came in the other day and I am really surprised at how much I am enjoying them. The fit isn't perfect yet, I've still got to dial in the nose-piece a bit (due to many broken noses), but I rally liek them. I got matte chrome and 55mm grey glass lenses. The glass is a little heavy, but its not too bad. The glass itself seems very good, very clear and distortion free so far. It's strange having glasses that have zero wrap-around... even my old Oakley aviators had a nice curve to them. But, I'm going to go with it and see if it grows on me.

Thanks for the advice here folks. It's much appreciated. A special thanks to Drewhunz as well for the finding some Oakleys for me. Hopefully i'll be able to pick those up someday too. A very generous and fine community!

As I understand it both AO and RE are made to the same Military specs. I have been wearing RE for close to 30 years and AO for about 5 years. I was turn on to RE by a guy who flew Executive Jets. They always look classic and I love them when I take the car our for a spirited drive.

Top Bottom