What's new

Long time DE shaver, First time DE burn

My guess is that either the TTO mechanism became slightly loose or you got a bum Derby blade.

I reflexively check or tighten my TTO about 5 times during each shave.

I cant use a ss razor to save the world. My ndc ss was alright but left some irritation so it left me lol. My black handle was worse so I gave that one away. I find the old type, tech, and fatboy to be the best I have tried. I use the same blade in everything with no change.

be sure to check the relative height of the silo doors. if one is higher than the other, then one of the doors may be warped and that can make for an awful shave...

Cork or hand strop your blade?

Or measure the blade gap in several places on both sides and see if it's all the same.

You could always grow a beard?

I switch razors once a week or so. I used a no date code Super Speed this morning. I was using an Aristocrat, late 40's, for the past few days.

In theory- super speed is more forgiving. In practice- my subconscious said, "GO FOR IT!" and I got razor burn.. Go figure. :001_huh:

I tried again tonight with the same razor and a brand new Derby blade. Totally different experience. I'm thinking that the silo doors were loose the other night because the razor didn't feel as aggressive tonight as it did last week. Maybe the original blade was a dud too, but I'm thinking it might have just been the doors. This razor still has a little different feel that my 3 piece merkur 1904 and my parker, but I'll get used to it. It gave a great shave tonight. Thanks for all the help. I'll keep you posted.

Top Bottom