What's new

London Bathecary in Charlottesville, VA

Is it a bad sign that I live in DC and am seriously contemplating driving all that distance just so I could pay for a large amounts of products at this place?:blush:

Is it a bad sign that I live in DC and am seriously contemplating driving all that distance just so I could pay for a large amounts of products at this place?:blush:
Meh, you could make a nice day trip out of it. There's plenty to see in C'Ville to fill up a day or two.

Can't wait until August 30th. UVA vs. USC, London's Bathecary, and hitting up Wine Warehouse for beer.

After reading this thread when it was posted I've been trying to scheme my way to Charlottesville ever since. Well...the wife and I are heading to Myrtle Beach from Pennsylvania tomorrow. I suggested we break up the trip into 2 days (ulterior motive, we men love to just get it done) and told her that "I've heard Charlottesville is very nice and about halfway there" So yeah, I'm totally planning a stop over in Charlottesville and a hotel stay just to visit this shop. 6 hour drive tomorrow here I come!

After reading this thread when it was posted I've been trying to scheme my way to Charlottesville ever since. Well...the wife and I are heading to Myrtle Beach from Pennsylvania tomorrow. I suggested we break up the trip into 2 days (ulterior motive, we men love to just get it done) and told her that "I've heard Charlottesville is very nice and about halfway there" So yeah, I'm totally planning a stop over in Charlottesville and a hotel stay just to visit this shop. 6 hour drive tomorrow here I come!

She'll never be the wiser. All you gotta do is take her to see UVa and Monticello.

You bet it does! I've been there 2 times. Excellent selections, very friendly staff. They validate parking if you park in the the Water street parking garage.

About the garage - be aware of a parking attendant scam that was tried on me. I parked their for 40 minutes while at the garage (out of town car). When I came out the attendant tried to tell me she could not read the time on the ticket and the "computer" said I had been there for 3.5 hours, so I owned money. I pressed the issue and suggested we get the police involved. The attendent let me out. :)

About the garage - be aware of a parking attendant scam that was tried on me. I parked their for 40 minutes while at the garage (out of town car). When I came out the attendant tried to tell me she could not read the time on the ticket and the "computer" said I had been there for 3.5 hours, so I owned money. I pressed the issue and suggested we get the police involved. The attendent let me out. :)

Last time I was there I parked for about 20 minutes. Knew what I wanted so I got in and got out before I wondered around spending a ton of money (also a problem at bookstores and beer stores with good selection). Didn't think to get the ticket validated.

No attendant in the both (and no gate) so after waiting 30 seconds I just pulled out.:confused:

Top Bottom