What's new

L'Occitane just announced a CADE edt.

The Mer and Mistral (strange name..but I don't know French) could be interesting. I found this press release by Loccitane describing the scent: An aquatic, bracing fragrance that opens with notes of citrus fruits before giving way to the powerful blend of cypress, rosemary and pine, swept in from the open sea.Additional notes for the aromatic aquatic include lemon, mandarin, cedar, white amber and musk.

Mer (pronounced like "mare" in English) is Sea and Mistral is the same in English -- a strong sea breeze off the coast of France. So basically a sea breeze scent.

Ordered mine as well. If it smells like the old AS splash, i will be in heaven. I only have 4 bottles of that stuff left..

Mer (pronounced like "mare" in English) is Sea and Mistral is the same in English -- a strong sea breeze off the coast of France. So basically a sea breeze scent.
Gross. Probably that typicall "modern" "fresh" scent every 14yr old boy smells like,

Okay, I just bought the Cade EdT and the Mer & Mistral balm. A very quick review:

1.) The Cade EdT is dark, woody and smells really attractive. I really don't remember the splash well enough to compare the two, but it's definitely a scent worth of the Cade name. It reminds me of incense and burning wood and lavender and lingers surprisingly long. Darker and more aromatic than the shower gel, not nearly as sweet as the aftershave balm. Doesn't just copy one of the Cade fragrances 1:1 but creates a fantastic base for everything else. If you're looking for an EdT that captures the "Small town in southern France on a hot summer day" feeling you've found it.

2.) The Mer & Mistral balm is disappointing. Typical aquatic fragrance you've smelled a thousand times before. Reminds me of L'Occitanes very own (and boring) Verdon stuff and the one-off Calanques line they had a couple of years back.

Thank you, Whitmore. Sounds like a winner. I'll be sure to stop by the store in Stockholm next time I go there.

The Cade EDT is available on the website as part of a gift set with a matching shower gel and bar soap for $65. It's not available on its own yet.

http://usa.loccitane.com/classic-cade-collection,82,1,39181,569706.htm

Must resist!...just bought the verbena a few weeks ago. Although I went on the website and they have the EDT for sale on its own now. Almost worth getting the box set though.

http://usa.loccitane.com/cade-eau-de-toilette,82,1,39181,569684.htm

Well...I caved and picked up the gift set. If anyone is thinking of doing the same use promo code "forhim" at checkout and get a free travel kit of their L'Occitan fragrance(they say its worth over $40 bucks).

Picked this up today at a L'Occitane store in San Diego. Sales person said "we're not supposed to sell this till Monday" but she sold me a bottle anyway. Very pleasant smell. I always liked the scent of the Cade shave soap although this smells a bit different.

I was at the mall today and realized they just added a L'Occitane store. They had a tester of the Cade EDT out. I was pretty suprised as I'd never seen one before. The scent was really nice.

Their new scents however were disappointing. Typical department store modern "aqua" junk that preteens would douse themselves in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Cade edt in mail today. Similar to the old Cade AS Splash, but more complex. Lovely though, definitely a keeper.

Okay, I just bought the Cade EdT and the Mer & Mistral balm. A very quick review:

1.) The Cade EdT is dark, woody and smells really attractive. I really don't remember the splash well enough to compare the two, but it's definitely a scent worth of the Cade name. It reminds me of incense and burning wood and lavender and lingers surprisingly long. Darker and more aromatic than the shower gel, not nearly as sweet as the aftershave balm. Doesn't just copy one of the Cade fragrances 1:1 but creates a fantastic base for everything else. If you're looking for an EdT that captures the "Small town in southern France on a hot summer day" feeling you've found it.

2.) The Mer & Mistral balm is disappointing. Typical aquatic fragrance you've smelled a thousand times before. Reminds me of L'Occitanes very own (and boring) Verdon stuff and the one-off Calanques line they had a couple of years back.

I stopped by the L'Occitane store at my local mall today to sample their new offerings. Cade smells nice but wasn't for me. I could not see myself grabbing for it regularly. Mer and Mistral smells like a Bvgalri Aqva imitation.

Ambre and Santal smells very similar to the Amber fragrance they discontinued. I was unable to detect an sandalwood.

I got my Cade a few days ago. Its nice...but its not like the body wash and the soap. It has a sweeter scent. Reminds me of honey or a brown sugar scent. It then dries down to a more soapy base. Overall I like it, but I dont think its my favorite Loccitane scent(yet...it could still grow on me).

Sounds like a good description based on the name. "Mer" being sea. Mistral is the wind that comes off the hills/mountains in the south of France and when I've been there everything has a wonderful smell of rosemary, pine, etc.

these scent descriptions are kind of all over the place (not surprising i guess). why couldn't they just bring the splash back

mine should be here tuesday

Top Bottom