What's new

Let's see your lather!

Amen! Wet, thick, creamy, heavy-looking lather. Fluffy lather is pretty, but I much prefer to use the kind of stuff in the photo.

oversaturn, my compliments on a divine-looking lather.

I completely agree. You can't always tell how well lather will shave based on just a pic, but the fluffy stuff that can hold its peaks while a camera is being set up has proven to be less than stellar in the performance department for me. Oversaturn's lather has all the visual markers of a superior lather. Xillion's lather also looks top-notch... less airy, more dense and yogurty. I still consider myself an emerging learner, though, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

New brush and new razorock xxx. That'll do!
proxy.php

Not soap, but lather none the less. Old proraso green whipped in a becker scuttle using a brand new SOC brush. No break in necessary, from what I can tell!

proxy.php

Amen! Wet, thick, creamy, heavy-looking lather. Fluffy lather is pretty, but I much prefer to use the kind of stuff in the photo.

oversaturn, my compliments on a divine-looking lather.

I completely agree. You can't always tell how well lather will shave based on just a pic, but the fluffy stuff that can hold its peaks while a camera is being set up has proven to be less than stellar in the performance department for me. Oversaturn's lather has all the visual markers of a superior lather. Xillion's lather also looks top-notch... less airy, more dense and yogurty. I still consider myself an emerging learner, though, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your words, gentlemen! :blush:
It is a proof that we don't need expensive stuff to produce a great lather - an inexpensive brush and cream can be all that we need.

Off course that we want other kind of stuff - but that's another story... and there's nothing wrong with it! :001_smile

another played up for the camera, kind of looks like a bonsai tree....MW and SOC Boar

Last edited by a moderator:
here are actual shots of lather used today (SOC Boar and QCS Cream)

brush lather before hitting my face:
$IMG_5146.jpg

lather after hitting my face (thickened up):
$IMG_5147.jpg

Top Bottom