What's new

Let's see your insect and spider shots

I love shooting bees with the camera, and try to have flowers that attract them and the hummingbirds.

Here are a couple shots to get this going.

proxy.php
proxy.php

a Camel Spider also called a Sun Spider that I caught in the house yesterday morning.

These are an arachnid, but are neither a spider or a scorpion. They can bite, but are not venomous.

IMG_20210827_064505724.jpg

A1868F00-933F-458C-BE99-036AD575A333.jpeg
At the other end of the size spectrum, I found this little bugger on my hibiscus last night. He’s was about 5 mm long. I have no idea what he was, but didn’t like him eating my flowers. I took this macro so my lawn guy could identify him for eradication, not so much for posting here. It’s my first attempt at a macro of a live specimen. Little bugger wouldn’t stay still.

View attachment 1318972At the other end of the size spectrum, I found this little bugger on my hibiscus last night. He’s was about 5 mm long. I have no idea what he was, but didn’t like him eating my flowers. I took this macro so my lawn guy could identify him for eradication, not so much for posting here. It’s my first attempt at a macro of a live specimen. Little bugger wouldn’t stay still.
actually a great shot as you will easily be able to identify the caterpillar.

A fellow tourist in Costa Rica who was much taller than me,
told me about this spider in a hole
that he couldn't get a good picture of.

I held my camera over my head and shot it blind.
I got lucky. I traded it for a picture of a white faced monkey.

spider_hole.JPG

IMG_3636b.jpg

Top Bottom